Chapter 12

Grayson's POV
I eventually got my brother to calm down enough to eat dinner and watch a bit of tv while I did my homework. Once I was done with my homework I checked on my brother. He was passed out in the couch, clutching his favorite stuffed wolf. I giggled quietly to myself before picking him up gently and taking him to his room. Finished with that, I decided to take a shower since I was all sweaty from practice. After my shower I got dressed and waited for my dad to get home. I didn't have to wait long since he got home right after I sat on the couch to watch for him. I went to the door and opened it. Once my dad was out of the car I walked over to help. I grabbed my sister gently out of the backseat, along with her blanket and stuffed elephant. Once I had her secure in my arms I turned to my dad and we walked inside. I walked up to my siblings room since they shared a room. I layer her in bed and tucked her in before walking back to the living room to talk to dad. "Is she ok?" I ask as I sit down with him. He sighs and nods. "Doctor said it's just the flu. Nothing to worry about. It should be out of her system in a few days, maybe a week." He says tiredly. I nod and tell him to go get some rest. He agrees easily and stumbles into his room. I walk back to my room and stop on the way there to check up on my siblings. I quietly open the door and see that my brother had moved over to my sisters bed and they were snuggling together under the blanket on her bed. I smile and close the door back. I walk to my room and close the door before face planting my bed and sighing. I roll over and pick up my phone. I have 2 unread messages and I missed call from dad when he was trying to get a hold of me earlier. I look at the first message to find it's one of my basketball friends asking if I wanted to go to a mixer this weekend. I thought of what to say before just deciding that I would tell him I couldn't cause my sister was sick. After I sent that message, I checked the other. It was an unknown number. A little confused I cautiously opened it. It turned out it was Daniel. He had gotten my number from one of my teammates after we talked. He wanted to know if I still had questions. 'Oh boy do I' I thought to myself. I reply telling him I did and that I would like to meet up with him after school tomorrow. I sent it and within a few minutes he replied. He agreed to the meeting but told me he didn't know how long he could talk since he had to be home pretty quickly after school. I agreed and told him I'd see him tomorrow before shutting my phone off. I tried to close my eyes and sleep but I wasn't quite tired enough yet. I decided to read for a while to get sleepy but that didn't work either. I eventually settled for watching YouTube. I needed to catch up on this series I was watching from one of my favorite youtubers. After I caught completely up with that I decided to scroll through social media. I was scrolling through some of my friends posts on Instagram when I noticed a picture from someone I had never seen before. It was of a beautiful women with black hair and blue eyes. She had a baby in her arms and who I assumed was her husband was being silly and trying to fit in the photo too. I laughed a little at it and smiled until I read the caption. 'Miss you. Wish you were still with us. Love you mom. Hope your enjoying heaven with all your friends and family who went before you.' I wonder who posted this. I try to find a profile picture or a name but it just says 'the loner' as the profile name. I read through the comments and start to get angry at some of them. There are quite a few negative and rude comments on it. I was about to stop reading them when I saw one that seemed nicer. 'I wish she was here too buddy. She was a wonderful woman but you know you aren't alone here. I've always got your back.' That seemed like something a friend would say. I click on the profile and find out it's Daniel's Instagram account. While I'm there I send him a friend request. Finally starting to feel tired after scrolling through a few more posts, I turn my phone off and go to sleep.

————————————————————————
Authors note
Wonder who the woman in the picture is?
You'll find out in the next update! Have a great day or night! And thanks so very much for reading my book!
~Virgobabe