Chapter Three

Third Person POV

The quidditch world cup had ended and the had just been attacked by death eaters. Gemma was walking back to the tent with her brother when she saw a figure lying on the ground. She looked at Draco who looked at her and then they both ran to the figure. A/n: This might be a slight TW. They ran to the figure and realized that it was none other than their mother Narcissa Malfoy. Gemma kneeled next to her mother and we had scratches and bruises all over her arms. Draco was standing next to her in shock.

"Mom wake up!" Gemma was pleading with her mother, "Mom please wake up Draco needs you! I need you!"

"Gem, what's wrong with her?" Draco asked as soon as he actually realized what was going on.

"Does it look like I know?" Gemma snapped, "Sorry, please just go get help!"

Draco started to run to go find someone. Gemma stayed kneeling on the ground next to her unconscious mother. "Mom please." Tears were flooding Gemma's eyes. She turned around and saw Draco running back with a couple of ministry officials and her group of friends.

Marcus came up behind her and hugged her. She started to cry into his shoulder. Off in the distance, she noticed the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione all standing in shock. They soon noticed her looking and went back to their tent.

Fred's POV

I was walking back to the tent with Ginny, George, Bill, Charlie, Percy, my dad, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione who my dad had found. I looked to my side and saw a figure kneeling next to a body that was laying on the ground.

I heard the girl pleading for the body to wake up when I realized that the voice was Gemma's. I felt so bad for the Malfoy girl, I also felt a little bad for Malfoy because I knew his dad was a death eater but I wasn't so sure about his mother.

I was brought out of my thoughts when George spoke, "Hey do you hear that?" He must have finally noticed Gemma with the body. When I looked back at her, she was comforted by her stupid boyfriend and the rest of her friends.

I actually liked some of her friends though, because they were nice to my family. I knew that they all had to act like they were pure-blood purists, but it wasn't true. They weren't like their families.

I locked eyes with Marcus Flint and just told my family that we had to go back to the tent. We started walking away when Hermione pulled me aside.

"Fred, we all know you like Gem!" Hermione squealed.

"Hah, no I don't!" I said defensively. "Anyways even if I did we would never date. She has a boyfriend and those stupid parents that would never want her to date a blood traitor like me."

"You can still admit it though!" Hermione retorted. "None of us will think bad of you. You're our family and friends, plus Gemma is very nice!"

"Whatever!" I shrugged her comment off and we walked back in silence.

Third-person POV

Gemma was sitting with her head on Marcus's chest and her legs resting on Carly's lap. Marcus running his hands through her hair and the rest of the friend group sitting in silence.

Until Carly spoke up, "Gem, I think we should all just find something to do with that one." He pointed over at Draco who was sitting in a corner.

"Yeah. Draco do you want to play a game with us?" Gemma asked her little brother to take his mind off whatever he was thinking about.

"I guess playing a game wouldn't hurt," Draco walked over to the group and sat down crisscrossed on the floor.

"What game are we playing?" Charlie asked.

"We could play this game, my friend, Blaise told me about," Draco suggested.

"What's it called?" Adrian asked the fourteen-year-old boy.

"I believe it's called Never Have I Ever," Draco replied smiling proudly that he was hanging out with some of the most feared kids in school.

"Alright, now let's play," Gemma said and sat down with the rest of her friends on the floor in front of them.

The group played for hours upon hours on end until Lucius walked into the tent.

"Father, is mother okay?" Gemma asked her father even though she didn't really like him.

The friends noticed the conversation that the Malfoy kids were going to have with their father, so they left the room and went into Gemma's quarters of the tent.

"She's okay," He sighed. So did Gemma and Draco. "Just some minor injuries, nothing too serious though."

"Well, guess I'm going to bed now," Gemma walked into her quarters and saw all her friends sleeping in a corner. Marcus was the only one awake. So, she walked over to him.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked as she sat down next to him and put her head on his shoulder.

"Yup, just tired," replied Gemma.

"Get some sleep," Marcus kissed her forehead, woke up the rest of their friends, and walked out of the room.

That night, Gemma slept peacefully. A type of sleep she hadn't had in a while. Asleep that could be overcome by anyone. She didn't dream, snore, or anything. It was just a pitch blackness that enveloped her mind. Fred on the other hand slept restlessly and dreamt of a Malfoy girl with blonde hair and a Hogwarts house of Slytherin.

Hey everyone! This chapter is only 899 words excluding the author note. I noticed that some of the characters including Maeve, Cory, and Vicky weren't at the quidditch world cup and that I haven't really used them a lot but I will use them again soon! Thanks for reading! -Katie