Chapter Seventeen

Gemma's POV
I was walking up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower, thinking about whatever I could that would my mind from going back to the words Fred had said earlier in the day.

Flashback to earlier that day

"Are we still on for the Astronomy Tower later?" He asked running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah of course," I stated, "Wouldn't miss getting the chance to spend time with you." I realized what I said, and felt my cheeks heat up praying that he didn't notice.

"It's alright love," He said then added, "I like spending time with you too."

"Alright then," I broke the tension. "I'll see you there later."

End of Flashback

I got to the top of the stairs and shook my head. I thought quickly that maybe he wasn't going to show, but that thought quickly diminished as I opened the door and saw him sitting at the edge with his feet dangling from the bottom of the railing, looking up at the stars above him. I walked quietly over and sat down next to him.

"The stars are really pretty tonight," I spoke softly.

"Yeah," He replied.

'That's all I get is a yeah!' I thought to myself.

He then added quickly, "But not quite as beautiful as something else."

'What could this something else be?' I thought again.

"And what may that be?" I asked daring not to look at him, because if I did I wouldn't be able to stop looking at him. The way his face lit up in the moonlight.

"Nothing that you need to worry about," He smirked looking over at me.

"Oh, then if it's nothing I need to worry about then why can't you just tell me?" I rolled my eyes at the boy sitting next to me.

"You wouldn't understand," He grumbled before turning his head to look at me.

"What wouldn't I understand?" I was starting to get mad. Fred is my best friend for merlin's sake. "Fred, you know you can tell me. I mean I'm your best friend after all."

"It's nothing!" He tried to reason with me, but I was too stubborn for my good.

"Well, it must be something!" I exclaimed standing up now. My anger was getting to me. What wasn't he telling me?

"Gem, it's nothing to worry about. How many times do I have to tell you that?" He exclaimed standing up and running his hand through his hair.

"Tell me!" I yelled.

"Fuck it," He mumbled before grabbing my cheeks with his hands and crashing our lips together.

I was a little bit shocked at first before I started melting into the kiss. Our lips moved in sync with each other's as it felt like peaceful oblivion. Fred removed his hands from my face as they went around my waist as my hands went around his neck and played with his hair. We started to wind down as our lips broke apart we put our foreheads together.

"What I was trying not to tell you was that I think I'm in love with you Gem," Fred whispered. I mean, it's not like anyone could hear us or anything considering us being the only two up here.

"I love you too Fred," I replied smiling as I brought him into another kiss.

This kiss felt different though, this one felt more passionate. Like we were the only two people in the world. We smiled at each other again before speaking.

"Be my girlfriend?" Fred asked as he pulled me into his chest.

"Fred, I can't," I stated sadly, "my parents will flip."

"Well screw them," He laughed.

I chuckled, "You know what, your right. Screw my parents. I can date whomever I want to. They can't stop me."

"We should get back to our common rooms now," Fred stated.

"One more," I brought our lips together again for the third time. When we both broke away from the kiss, we hugged each other. "I love you, Freddie."

"I love you too Gem!" He replied.

A Couple Of Weeks Later

Dating Fred Weasley was something that most people thought would be terrible. It wasn't at all. It was actually amazing. Stolen kisses before classes, a lot of snogging at the Astronomy Tower, sneaking to Honeydukes in the middle of the night just to get chocolate, dates at the Three Broomsticks.

Actually, Fred and I were in the middle of a date right now. We were heading towards the three broomsticks when I saw my mother walking towards us from up the road.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned my mother as I squeezed Fred's hand tighter than before.

"Oh I just came to tell you that I have won full custody of you and your brother!" Mum exclaimed excitedly.

"Wait really!" I gaped at her. "No offense, but you couldn't just like send an owl?"

"Well, I thought the news would be better to tell you in person rather than a letter," She reasoned. "Kind of like this news right here." She motioned towards where Fred and I's hands were still connected. 

"I thought that you would be upset," I defended.

"Of course not!" She exclaimed as she brought the pair of us into a hug.

"Wait really?" I asked in disbelief.

"No!" She said. "Your father would be the one who would be upset. Anyways, I want you to follow your heart. Not some stupid arranged marriage. That's why I canceled your marriage with the Flint's yesterday."

"Wait really!?" I was shocked.

"Yes!" She stated. "I want you to be happy. Why would you think otherwise?"

"Well, you were the one that said that I could only be friends with pure-bloods and no 'blood traitors half-bloods, or muggle borns," I replied.

"Oh, that's silly old rubbish!" She waved her hand. "Anyways, carry on with your date," She walked away from us.

"Well that was weird," I told Fred as we made our way down the main street of Hogsmeade.

"Tell me about it," He laughed.

I giggled before cupping his cheek with my hand and kissing him right in the middle of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist and deepened the kiss.

I pulled away before speaking, "Come on let's go on that date now."

I grabbed his hand before dragging him away.