Chapter Sixteen

Gemma's POV

I woke up the next morning and looked around at my surroundings. Charlie was sitting up reading a book, Maeve was nowhere to be in sight, and Carly was stumbling in through the door.

Carly stumbled over to her bed and Charlie looked up from her book, "Ooo, where have you been all night?"

Carly blushed and then spoke, "That's none of your business."

"Oh come on," I groaned. "Tell us, we are your besties. Anyways we won't tell anyone."

"No," Carly laughed, "never getting it out of me."

"Ugh why?" Charlie flopped and her head hit her pillow.

"Because it's private," Carly stated. "Anyways, we should be heading to breakfast. Gem, you should get dressed."

"Nice subject change, Car," I chuckled. Carly blushed before throwing a book at me. I dodged it and we all burst out laughing.

I got off my bed and walked towards my dresser. I took out a white turtleneck and a black, light brown, and white sweater vest. I put those two things on before and grabbed long black jeans that were loose and ripped at the knees. The teachers never really pushed kids to were their robes to breakfast, but they wanted us to wear them for classes. I quickly grabbed my robes and walked out the door with Carly and Charlie.

We walked to the great hall and towards the Slytherin table before we were stopped by Fred and George.

"Hello ladies," They said at the same time. "Care to join us for breakfast?"

"Sure boys," I voiced. "Are you two coming?"

"Sure!" Charlie exclaimed. "Carly?"

"I don't know. Vicky asked me to sit with him, and I don't know if he would be happy with me sitting with you guys at the Gryffindor table." Carly revealed.

"Well, that's a yes from her," Charlie pushed her over and pushed her into a seat at the Gryffindor table.

"So boys what have you two been up to?" inquired Charlie. "Other than when Fred snogged out Gemma here the other night." Charlie threw an arm around me.

Fred choked on his breakfast and George burst out laughing. It was quite the scene. People all over the great hall looked to where my best friends and I were sitting.

"Well, we have been working on products for the joke shop that we were going to create once we leave Hogwarts," George replied.

"Yeah, we just need people to test the products on," Fred threw George a sly smirk and George whispered something to Fred. "You three in?"

"Nope. No way am I going to be a test subject," I put my hands up in surrender. "I don't need to die this young."

"Would we seriously let you die?" Fred questioned.

"Possibly," I smirked before standing up and running out of the great hall. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Fred get up and start chasing after me.

I looked towards the Slytherin table and saw them all watching Fred chase me. I kept running until I thought I lost him. My legs were on fire and I could barely breathe. I turned the corner and bumped into someone. I looked up and saw the ginger boy throwing me a goofy smirk.

"Wow you are fast," Fred spoke. "Didn't think that I'd catch up with you for a minute there."

"Well when you're running away from your brother when he's trying to talk to you, you learn to be a fast runner. Especially when that brother is Draco Malfoy and is a quidditch player." I explained. "Anyways I should go put my robes on."