Chapter 11 // A New Seating Arrangement

I walked over to the table that Logan and I always sit at, planning on dropping off my things and heading to Madison's table to ask her to talk, when Logan came over.

"Hey! I was wondering if you wanted to sit at a different table with me?" he asked smoothly like always, unlike me.

"Um, What do you mean...a different table?" I stuttered out confused and caught off guard.

"Someone I know just asked if I wanted to sit with her for lunch today, but I would only go if you wanted to. No pressure or anything."

He said no pressure, yet there was still an incredible amount of pressure to agree.

Isn't that always the case when people ask you questions like this, though?

"Uh...yeah, sure," I said, trying to convince him as well as myself that I was happy about this situation.

Either he caught on that in reality I didn't want to or he was just trying to be nice, because he reminded me of the 'pressure that was definitely not there' and that it didn't matter to him.

Of course it mattered to him, otherwise he wouldn't have brought it up.

Either way he would probably go no matter what I said. If anything it was less humiliating if I just said yes.

"Yeah, I'm actually kind of excited!" I tried saying with more enthusiasm.

"Okay..." he replied, looking at me warily, but proceeding to lead me to the table anyway.

As we were walking I took a glance around the room looking for Madison.

I was unsure if I still wanted to do this now that I've been thrown off guard and felt unstable, but still wanted to know where she was if I decided to confront her.

I gave up after a few seconds, hoping nobody thought I looked lost or scared as I did so, both of which I felt.

I thought about tugging on Logan's shirt to get his attention, telling him how I'm really feeling right now.

It's Logan, he would want me to tell him...right?

As I worked up the courage to even reach out my hand, he stopped abruptly, causing me to almost hit his back.

Thankfully I halted my movements in time and saved myself from a lifetime of embarrassment.

But even after that my mind still lingered on how bad that could have been and if anyone saw how close I was to doing that.

As I finally looked up to see why we stopped, I caught the eye of the one person I never thought I would be sitting at the same lunch table with again.

The glaring, hot headed, Madison Haze.