Chapter 40 // Maybe One Day

Hey! I hope you're all having a great day. I took a quick look at some future chapters, and they only get longer from here, so stay tuned for those! Enjoy and May the 4th be with you :P
•~~~~~~•

If it was anyone else, I swear they would be smirking - or at least smiling. But not Logan.

That wasn't who he was. Instead he walked in wearing a sheepish look as he rubbed his neck, visibly uncomfortable.

He had to have been used to the attention by now, so I was sure that wasn't the reason for his embarrassed demeanor.

But I also knew Logan's character, so although he may be used to the attention, it doesn't mean that he always wants it. He's not a one-man show.

Madison glanced around the room, meeting some eyes as they stared back, the others still staring at Logan.

Her lips seemed to lift further in the corners like this was what she had been waiting for, loving the attention.

It was now obvious to anyone who didn't already know, that she was the cheer captain of the school - not that many people didn't. It was hard not to know with Madison.

This means that Logan, Madison, and I will all be attending the game on Wednesday doing our own things.

Logan of course playing football, Madison cheering them on, and me on the bleachers with my clarinet.

I rolled my eyes at her obnoxious behaviour, taking one last glance at Logan.

My heart skipped a beat when our eyes locked, his hand raising in a wave. His face held a small smile as he made his way to Madison's table.

Despite the location he was headed and the scene Madison had just made, I couldn't help but grin and wave back, trying not to shy away from him just because there was a crowd around us.

As I turned back around in my chair, I saw Alex's gaze already on Logan, before meeting my eyes once again.

"Boyfriend?"

I released a sigh, a half smile remaining as I shook my head.

"No...but maybe one day."

-----

"No, no, no. This isn't going to work..." Mr. O'Donell mumbled out, shaking his head.

"I need more from you guys - bigger dynamics, sharper tone, precise rhythms - I need it all. Okay, gang? Don't go and get lazy on me now, people, stay with me until the end of the year - or at least until after the game, yeah?"

Some students nodded, while others gave no response, staring at him blankly.

As the year went by, the latter started becoming the more popular reaction, inevitably giving up on proper social interaction with the teachers.

Meanwhile I nodded along with the small percentage of students who still had the courtesy to give some type of response, looking at him for direction on what to do next.

"Alright, let's take it from measure ten. Clarinets, watch out for measure twenty, you guys know the part, so be confident. Alright, everybody, let's go!" he exclaimed, raising his hands to count us into the measure.

We were able to play through the remainder of the song well, proving to him we were ready for Wednesday - something every band teacher strives to see before a performance.

"That was great, people! Now, don't take my compliment for granted. Keep on working on these songs until the very last minute, okay?"

The sound of the bell interrupted him, signaling the end of the day.

"That's the bell, people. I'll see you tomorrow...and don't forget to practice!" he shouted after us as students filed out of the room.

I was one of the last like usual, heading towards the door when I finally picked my head up, almost jumping at what I saw - or rather who.

There, standing in the door frame was none other than Logan Moore.

"I remembered you had band class at the end of the day, so I thought I might as well meet you here instead of waiting for you on the bus," he explained with a shrug and innocent smile.

I let out a small laugh at his gesture, my face beaming.

"Let's go then."