4. The sooner the better

~Alexandria~

My life wasn't always so difficult. I mean it was but not as much as now. As that name left his mouth my world crumbled. Again, and again and then one last time. Sadness took over and the rest of the night felt like a blur. The only thing I remember was telling my father to fuck off, yelling, glass shattering, and then finally signing the contract. 

The sun was now peeking through the blinds. I didn't mind it, but I wished that the new world that was presented to me yesterday was just a bad dream. My eyes were puffy and red I presume, my phone was going off every once in a while and the ears that were streaming down my face yesterday were dry now.

 But still, I was scared and in pain. I didn't want to go back to the place I was once in. I didn't want to make myself fear that the events will take place again. I was afraid to show any more emotion though because I knew that wouldn't get me far. Instead, I got up and checked my phone while brushing my teeth. 

I had Multiple missed calls and texts from my best friends. The phone was quietly ringing as I walked into my closet and started picking out my clothes. Finally, Isabella picked up.

"Lex I'm so sorry about what happened if I would have known I would have-"

"Isa, don't we both know I would've needed to meet him anyways, besides the sooner the better right?" I sigh and look around to find something to wear

"When are you seeing him?"

The question I know the answer to, makes me feel betrayed. I vowed to never see him again, never let him hurt me again now that vow is broken.

"Today" 

I hear Isabella sigh as I give her the news. I sit down on the bench that was placed next to the island.

"I love you" 

I smile at her words, knowing that they are genuine

"I love you more Isa" Well see each other in school today don't worry okay" 

I fiddle with the material of my towel

"Okay, see you there, bye"

I mutter a 'bye' and throw the phone on the bench. Rubbing my hands over my face, millions of thoughts run through my mind, but the only thing sticking was 'Time goes by fast when you're having fun' a thing we liked to say when we were kids but a thing so true it makes us break as we get older.

I chose an all-black outfit.

The drive to school was fun I got to race through the empty streets, you know let all of the anger out, hear the engine roar

The drive to school was fun I got to race through the empty streets, you know let all of the anger out, hear the engine roar. Something about driving in heels makes me feel more powerful. I already finished college two years ago but I decided to hang around with my friends. College is hard work and I want to be there for them while they go through that type of shit. The hallway is jam-packed but I can still see the people that matter most to me hanging around my locker.

People made way for me, my heels were once again clicking when they meet the floor, making my presence known.

"Hey you dip shits" I smirk at the bunch of idiots gathered up. Idiots who were so god damn important to me.