Coraline/un edited

~Alexandria~

A tear makes its way out of my eye, but I quickly collect myself take a deep breath and look at lucifer while still holding the phone close to me so that I don't forget that Leonne is listening. She cant know I'm weak. 

Lucifers knuckles are white from the grip he has on the glasses of water, his face shows anger and sadness. I know what it feels like, to be struck by the same pain over and over again. Every time that name is mentioned I have the urge to cry, die or scream. 

It holds so much power and it can destroy me in seconds. 

I clear my throat and look back down at the phone. 

DO I really want to do this? 

Wouldnt it is easier to give up and accept everything rather than play this constant game of cat and mouse and lose over and over again? 

Is all of my sadness, suffering, and guilt worth all of this? 

A: How close is it to-

I didn't want to say it. Never. Not again. 

L: about two minutes

I look back at lucifer asking if we should do this, and he looks at me with the same question in his eyes. Suddenly everything clicked. Why whoever was going there, why today, why now. I had to go there

A: I'll be there 

I hang up the phone and waste no time. I stand up grab my keys and start making my way out of the room.

"Mi Amor you can't possibly go there" Lucifer catches up to me and grabs my hand making me turn to him. My eyes are teary, my hair is all messed up and my makeup is probably all ruined. Im tired because of everything that happened in the last 72 hours and the sudden changes in my life. 

Im stressed out, and feel like breaking down. All I wanted is to catch a break, from life and from this cruel joke that we call reality. The truth is I can't go there, at all, but I have to. I have to make my brother pay for all that he has done to me. 

He was always the golden child, the one that my parents were proud of, no me, no they thought that I was a mistake, in fact, my father never wanted me to be his daughter, he never wanted me to be the next leader to his so-called 'empire', so when we found out about my brother running away I was secretly happy. 

I thought that maybe it was for the better, look where that better ended up. 

"I can't but I have to" I turn back around and run up to my car, noticing Lucifer running to his, slamming its door, and speeding off with me. 

We had one minute until whoever the money belongs to was there. 

I drove like a madwoman. speeding through, skipping the lights, racing the cars, all that mattered was making my brother pay. 

30 seconds

And im not even halfway, I knew I wouldn't be there in time, but I didn't give up. Life is too short to let that motherfucker go. 

20 seconds 

My head was spinning, hope was nowhere to be found and strength left me a long time ago. 

10 seconds 

If I hadn't spent so much time thinking about all that happened I would be there already. 

5 seconds 

He can't break me even more, what would happen to me, what would happen to her. 

1 second