✔Chapter 22

The group plus their new arrival Hoshiko were all gathered at the entrance to the temple, still trying to find a way to open the door.

Yuki turned to look up at the stars.

"The air is so clear here you can really see the stars." Yuki said.

"Yeah, and Sygnus, the swan constellation, looks so pretty." Lillian added as she also looked up at the stars.

Despite wanting them to figure out how to open the door on their own, Hoshiko knew the group had been waiting around for a while now. To make it this far without really knowing much about the mountain was an impressive feat on it's own. So, she decided to give them a helpful nudge in the right direction.

"It's also our key." She revealed.

The others all turned to her in surprise at this and she turned to Ryuto.

"I saw you observing the place when I first arrived here. You took notice of the pillars that have holes in them, didn't you?" Hoshiko said.

"Yeah, I did." Ryuto said as he brought out his notebook.

Hoshiko looked over his shoulder at the sketch he drew of the stone pillars - an action of which the boy lightly blushed at due to the girl's proximity to him, - and saw he had marked which ones had holes in them.

"Mind if I do something?" She asked as she brought out a pen from her shoulder bag.

Ryuto gave her a curious look as he leaned the picture more towards her. Hoshiko drew a few lines connecting all the dots that marked the holes in the pillars.

"See what I mean now?" Hoshiko said as a look of realisation came over Ryuto's face.

"Of course! Why didn't I see this before?" He said. "The holes are just big enough for a Bey to pass through. If we pass a Bey through the pillars that form the constellation Sygnus, that would undoubtedly be the key that opens the door."

"Well done, you two!" Benkei said as the others all got to their feet.

"Yes, but I think putting a Bey through all the holes in the pillars will be tricky." Demure told them.

"It would take an immense amount of control and accuracy." Cleo agreed.

"Yeah. Enough to pass through the eye of a needle, for sure." Nile also agreed.

"Yuki can do it!" Lillian spoke enthusiastically.

"M-me?!" Yuki replied nervously.

"We're counting on you, Yuki!" Gingka cheered for him.

"Don't let us down, Pal!" Ryuto also cheered.

That seemed to give the bespectacled boy some confidence as he shook off his nerves and launched his Bey at one of the pillars. Anubius glided right through each hole in the pillars, making the tops of them glow with a bright light as it did so, until it created the constellation Sygnus. Not long after, the door they were having so much trouble trying to open also started glowing as it finally opened up and they all ran through.

"We finally made it." Gingka said.

"We've reached our goal, right?" Yuki asked.

"Congratulations." A voice spoke and it was then that the group took notice of the figure sitting on a throne not too far from them. "You have done well to decipher the hint I gave you."

"And just who are you anyway?" Kyoya asked.

"Stand down, Kyoya." Gingka told the male. "He's the guardian of these ruins."