Part 1

paitynn's pov

"hey chat! how are you all today?!" i asked excitedly.

i saw a multitude of messages fly by saying things like 'i've been doing good' and 'i haven't been having the best day'

"oh, i'm sorry. i hope this stream will make you feel a little better. if you need anything don't be scared to dm me. i look at all of them." i say with my smile dropping. "today we are playing some jack box with karl, dream, sapnap, and george so let me join the discord call." i say with my smile coming back slightly at the mention of their names. i joined the call and greeted everyone before i went silent.

you may be wondering how i got here. being a successful streamer after dropping everything i had back in portland. well it was mostly because of jimmy. if i wouldn't have started filming for him i never would've meet karl. we never would've became friends and he wouldn't have convinced me to start streaming. i don't know how i got this lucky especially after what i pulled with daniel but here i am. i have some of the greatest friends. the best fans ever and yet i believe i can still be happier and more successful with daniel in my life. don't get me wrong, i've been super happy lately with the way my life turned around in 4 years but daniel just isn't with me to witness any of it. noah has been keeping me updated but we lost contact a few years ago. all i know about daniel at the moment is that he's in a band called why don't we. i can't bring myself to look anything up about him because i just feel so bad for what i did. he's doing great at the moment so i guess this worked out for the both of us.

"paitynn," a voice said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"yeah?" i asked.

"you ok, you've been quiet this whole time." i heard dream ask.

"yeah, i'm fine. just thinking about how i got this lucky even after all of what i did by leaving portland. i left one of my greatest friends behind that day and yet i was still blessed with all this." i say.

"maybe this is gods way of getting you back to daniel. think about it, you're both extremely successful now. it's only a matter of time before he finds one of your socials." karl says.

"maybe you're right karl but i don't think i can handle seeing him yet even though it's been 4 and a half years." i say. "shit sorry chat, forgot i was streaming. let's start the game. karl, we'll talk about this later when i go to yours."

daniel's pov

i need a break. a break from all the drama in our fandom. a break from social media. a break to work on music. a break from la. i need to leave california and go someplace where i can think and not have the constant worry of someone recognizing me.

i'm going to north carolina. paitynn went on vacation there years before here mother died and all i can remember is how much she loved it there. it's a small state on the opposite side of the country so it's perfect for this. all the boys agreed to go with me so we all have a suitcase packed and we are on a plane to north carolina. we haven't had a break since our band took off. we've been going on tour for years on end and management finally agreed to let us have a break though they didn't really have a choice with the pandemic. they let us take a break from socials to work on our album made fully by us. after all these years of writing our own songs they finally let us do it for the public. don't get me wrong, the songs management gave were great songs but it wasn't us. it was our voice but it wasn't our emotions. with this new album that's what it is. it's all of it. our emotions, our voice, our experiences, our work. completely and utterly us.