Part 14

TW: Su*cidal thoughts and actions

I ignored the burning feeling in my chest as I ran. I had to save him. No matter what.

It had been years since I was last here, so it was hard to remember. It was about a half hour walk from my house to the bridge, but I was running. Fast.

The shortcut!

I suddenly remembered the shortcut across the creek and made a sharp left turn towards it. I doubt Izuku remembered it so I might even make it there before him!

Shit. I looked down for a split second to see a foot print in the mud by the small creek that led to the lake below the bridge. He remembered the short cut! Damn it! Suddenly, I lost all control of my body and somehow went faster than I was before.

I could barely breath. I don't know if it was because of running, or Izuku. If he dies... I don't know what I'll do.

"Damn it!! Why did it have to be him!" I yelled. I could feel the tears streaming down my face. I was somewhat pissed. At both myself and Izuku. I felt like I could have done something earlier, when he was yelling. I could have made him come back. Grabbed him again and carried him back to the school. Make him have a god damn sleepover if I had to. I don't care how childish and stupid they are. I need him to be alive.

Why did he have to be the one to be born with no quirk? Why? Why did I treat him the way I did? I had so many questions. If he dies... no. He won't. I wouldn't let him.

The bridge was huge, so it would be easy to spot, but it was also dark and with the trees... just follow the creek.

45 minutes earlier...
Inko Midoriya's POV

I woke up with a strange feeling in my stomach, like something bad happened, or will happen. Getting up somewhat quickly, I walked to Izuku's room. I entered and saw he wasn't there! My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.

I ran back to my room to get my phone and call the police. I went in and grabbed my phone, but before I could dial the number, I noticed an envelope on my bedside table.

For Mama

I picked it up, opened it, and read it. Oh dear god...

Hitoshi Shinsou's POV

I woke up to the sound of the house phone blaring in the other room. I tossed over and tried to ignore it, waiting for one of my dads to pick it up. After another minute or two, I realized that neither of them were getting up.

I groggily got out of bed and stumbled to the other room. Hazily picking up the phone, I said a tired hello, before hearing a frantic woman on the other side.

"Miss? Please calm down, who is this?"

"This is Inko Midoriya, Izuku's mother. M-may I please speak to Aizawa?" She says. It's that kid from the hospitals mom.

I say yes and quickly speedwalk to my dads room. She sounded scared and was crying.

"Dad? Aizawa wake up!" I whisper yelled to him. His tired eyes shot open and he sat up. He looked at me.

"Phone. It's Miss Midoriya."

"What is she calling about?" He reached out and grabbed the phone from me. "Hello? Inko- whoah- calm down- he did what?! Did you call the-... I'll be there in ten." He gets up and practically runs out of the room.

I quickly follow him downstairs. He was getting his coat on. I was about to say something, but before I could he cut me off.

"Tell Zashi that I'm at Inko Midoriya's house, he'll know who that is." He says, now frantically getting his shoes on.