Part 19

...I woke up.

I awoke with a jolt, but to my surprise, my alarm clock wasn't blaring at me. I turned to look at it, my head was killing me.

3:00pm

What. The. HECK?!? How was I asleep so long?!? Damn it! Damn it! I ran up to grab my things for school. I then realized that, there was no point. School was already basically over.

I walked over and flopped on my bed. Why didn't mom wake me up? Was she not home yet? I got up from my bed and walked out of my room into the kitchen.

I entered the room and my phone was on the counter. I had two missed calls and a few texts from mom.

Texts

Mom: Izuku?
Mom: Izuku?
Mom: Well, your probably in class so I'll just say that Mitsuki and I are staying at a hotel resort in Hosu city! Just figured I'd tell you so you don't get worried.

Crap... that was like two hours ago.

Izuku: Hey Mom, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for letting me know.

Mom: Izuku?! I just got an extremely concerning call from the high school. Skipping school?! This is so not like you! What were you thinking!?

Izuku: I'm sorry. My alarm didn't wake me up this morning! I know I set it last night! I'm positive. I only woke up like 20 minutes ago!

Mom: Well, your still grounded when I get home!

Izuku: I understand.

Mom: I'll talk to you later Izuku. I love you.

Izuku: I love you too. Have fun, Tell Auntie Mitsuki I said hi.

End of texts

I sighed and put down my phone. It was now about 3:25 Kacchan and the rest of class 1-A would be training right now so I can't talk to them... I guess I'll call Himari, ask her for the homework.

After a few rings, I heard a click and her voice.
"Midoriya? Where have you been all day? Are you sick?" She exclaims.

"Hey Mari. Yeah, something like that. Anyways, do you think you could get me the homework for today?"

"Yeah sure! Um... Midoriya... can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Do you think... maybe we could hang out sometime? As... more... than... friends?"

"Wait- do you mean like a date?"

"I mean I guess. I-if you want."

"Oh, Himari... I-uh- don't really know how to say this but, I have a partner. Boyfriend- actually."

"Your gay?"

"Yeah. I'm sor-"

"I don't think we can be friends anymore."

"What? Is this because I don't want to go out with you? Because, I'm sorry but I just don't like you like that."

"I know. That's why. God says being gay is a sin, Midoriya. I just don't think it's right. Goodbye."

I heard a beep that told me she hung up. I brought my phone down from my ear and just stared at it. I couldn't believe that Himari was homophobic. She never seemed like that type of person. I kind of felt like crying. I mean, I had just lost a friend, but no tears were coming out. I looked at the time again.

3:52

Maybe Kacchan is free... I tapped on his contact and waited for the ringing to stop.