05 → 𝐀𝐈𝐑

CHAPTER 5

❝AIR❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND MASASHI? HE ISN'T THAT bad, you huff your hair blowing. You were so mad at Oreki why would he say that? You thought he was a different person but he's just like everyone else. Always judging people by their appearance. You looked at Oreki, he was staring outside the window as the teacher talked about the lesson.

I wonder what we'll be doing in the classic lit club.

You thought and looked back at the board. You had your arms folded and your leg going up and down as you waited for the last class to end.

Gosh why is it taking so long? Just ring already!

As the bell heard you, it ringed and everyone sighed in relief including you. You began packing up your things. You wondered should you go to the classic lit club or not. You really didn't want to, you wanted to know what Masashi was talking about.

"At least not yet"

Those words kept repeating on your head. What did he meant by that? Was he gonna ask you soon? You guys been together since your childhood! You grew up and your feelings for him began to grow, what are you supposed to do now? Tell him? You were so spaced out that you didn't notice all the students were gone now. Expect one.

Oreki waited for you, as he realized you didn't notice he was there he shook you. You jumped at the sudden touch, "hey" he said in boredom, "um-hello?" you replied or more like questioned. "Come on we're gonna be late" he walked away, but you just stood there confused.

"Where?"

"Don't act dumb come on" he hissed and rolled his eyes, waiting for you now. You grab your bag and swing it over your shoulders. You actually were confused on what he was talking about. But you kept silence, knowing that was a better choice, but he didn't like it.

You guys were in the silent hall, a few kids here and there but it was quiet. Until finally he broke it, "will you just talk?" he hissed in annoyance, you were more bewildered. How can you force someone to talk? And sound irritated? You felt blood lust, you hated how he was acting. First Masahi, and now this?

"HOW CAN YOU TELL SOMEONE THAT??" you yelled out and looked at him, pointing figures at him. People eyes were on you guys now, "great way to get the attention" he whispered or hissed. You scoff and hump in annoyance. Students eyes slowly looked away. "Look I know you don't very much like me right now, and I'm not gonna say sorry for what I said, I do mean it and I won't apologize if I didn't mean it" he looked at you, and you looked back at him, "Way to be so blunt" you turned the other way not to see him. He sighed and it was silent again.

Gosh why isn't she talking??  Did I really hurt her feelings that much?

He shrugged the thought off and looked at her. She had her arms around her torso, almost like she was comforting herself. Her eyes looked tired, she looked tired. "Are you okay" he asked his eyes still on you. You looked at him, eyes locking. "Yeah" you mumble and turn the other way. He felt his face grow hot.

Not again!

He groaned and he finally stopped, making you stop. He opened the door and saw everyone there. He walked in first, you following afterwards. "Y/n!" Chitanda exclaimed excited, she threw her arms in the air. And walked towards you and Oreki. She hugged you by surprised, you didn't exactly hug back. You just patted her back lazily. She let go and moved to Oreki, she gave him a look and he bend down, she kissed him on the cheek and a faint blush crept on his face. You smirked and walked to the table leaving them together.

"Hello there" you greeted and bowed a little. You sat in the front as a seat was there. "Good to see you here y/l/n" Satoshi greeted with a smile. You hum in responds. Chitanda and Oreki joined in the table a few minutes later. They sat next to each other. Oreki sitting beside you. Since you were sitting in the head table.

It was quiet for a moment until you broke it, "sooo what are we going to be doing?" you asked trying your best to sound "enthusiastic." But honestly you give no shit what they are planning you just wanted to go with Masashi already. But you knew he was still in his club, but what would he be doing?
"Oh! We all agreed on for you to figure out these things that had happened to us!" Chitanda explained excited.

Well that just sounds boring

You thought as you looked at everyone else who just cringed. "It was the only thing we had planned" Mayaka said on boredom. "Well let's get going then!" You stretched your arms in the air.

4:30 [same day]

They tell you all the things that had happened to them in the past months that were strange, and you had to guess what had happened or give your answer. You were getting bored, you go all of them right. And they surprised, but why? Did they really think you weren't good at mystery's? You love mystery! You read books and watch movies with your bored.
"Guess that's the end?" You questioned and looked at them. Your arms crossed behind your head and you leaned behind the chair. Your eyes slightly closed, you peeked on one eye at them. They were all staring at you, but quickly looked away. "Yeah that's all" you heard Oreki. You got up from your chair, "good bye then" you excused yourself. "Wait don't leave! We want to know a few things about you" you heard Mayaka. You looked at all of them, and stayed silent for a while.

Guess I can loose some time a little

You shrugged and nodded and sat back down. "Great! First question; whats your phone number?" Satoshi asked pulling out his phone. "Oh, it's **********" you told him well he typed it in. "Great! Now we can talk together" he exclaimed. You him in responds, not knowing why it was a big deal. "Second question-" you interpreted Mayaka
"Are we gonna play 20 questions or something" you hump and folded your arms. "Heh well yeah" she said. You sighed, "I don't have time, I have to go, like really bad" you told them in a begging tone.

They all looked at you confused, "why? Are you gonna see Masashi?" Oreki broke the silence, staring at your intensely. You hesitated, "well yeah"
He let out a heavy sigh and stood up, "I'm leaving now" he got his bag and began walking, "wait Oreki!"
Chitanda called out grabbing her bag and running to Oreki.

They were gone now, "I'll make a group chat for us" you heard Satoshi say, and packing up his stuff. Suddenly the air got thicker and heavier.

Intense.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

authors note
Holy shit guys we're on #1 on Hyouka!! Thank you so much!! Sorry it's short, I'll try to post more on.