19 → 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐒

CHAPTER 19

❝SHE KNOWS❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

YOU GOT IN THE CAR AND LOOKED OVer at Masashi. He gave you a pleading look, in which you sighed and said, "just drive" so he did. 

You stayed silent, giving no shits what Masashi was about to say. "Look, I'm sorry...I messed up. I should've listened to you. Never got caught though," you scoffed at his apology. 

He shot you a glance and then looked back at the road. "I'm sorry I forced you to smoke with me," his voice got softer and lower. 

"Masashi, you didn't force me. You begged me, I think..." you told him and looked back at the window. "Are we good?" he asked you.

"All good," you responded. A smile was placed on his lips as he looked at you. Then looking back at the road. 

•|•

You were walking to the classic lit club with Mayaka. "So what are you planning on doing today? Day 2 of the Kanya festival," she asked you, making a gesture with her hands that looked like she was showing a bill board. You chuckled at her humor. 

"Hmm, I don't know," you replied and you stopped your walking when you guys were at the door. Mayaka opened it, you girls being face to face with Oreki. Well not clearly "face to face."

"Hey Oreki," Mayaka rolled her eyes. Not really "greeting" him but more like a "annoyed greetings."

"Hey Ori," you slipped out. You face immediately flushed red and you winced. 

Shit

You thought as both of their attention was now at you. "Ori?" both Mayaka and Oreki questioned.

"Heh...yeah! Ori, like it? Its a nickname I thought for Oreki...You like it?" you nervously asked, avoiding eye contact. It was silent for a couple of seconds, until you heard footsteps get closer to you. You looked up and see Oreki walking towards you. 

He stopped a few inches away from you, and let a soft smile form on his lips. You looked at him sightly confused. He patted your head making you look down.

"I love it," he whispered and your eyes found his kiwi eyes. His eyes seemed to be more alert, and alive. You felt your cheeks grow warm again by his gentle pat. You stomach growing butterflies once again. Though this time it felt like they couldn't stop flapping their wings and wouldn't— no couldn't  stop flying everywhere. 

"Okayy lovebirds lets get to work," Mayaka interrupted you guys. Oreki flinched and turned around to face her. 

"Wh-what?" you stuttered. "Don't worry, I won't tell Chi," she gave you wink and you looked away. "Well Oreki, I can take care of this. Why don't you send the day with Y/n?" Mayaka told him. And he nodded. 

"Go on, go" she waved bye. And started to sit down. "Thanks...Mayaka," Oreki told her. She flinched and rolled her eyes, "yeah yeah, whatever" 

Oreki grabbed your hand and you both walked out the room. "Oreki? She knows??" you asked him. He nodded, "yeah, she asked me if I had some sort of crush for you...I couldn't deny it. So I told her the truth. She won't tell, I know her. She not like the others," he explained to you. 

It's not like you didn't trust Mayaka, you were just scared. You already knew she wouldn't tell. Right?

"So what do you wanna do?" Oreki asked you. "Hmm, whatever you want. I did most of it yesterday," you teased him. "Wait-Oreki...don't all the kids here know?" you questioned him. 

"Know what?" he himself was confused by your sudden worryness. You sighed, "You! And Chitanda!" you explained. "Ohhh, that!" he exclaimed. You nodded, more like nodding "duh."

"No," he bluntly said. "No?" you asked. 

"Yeah, no. We didn't make it "official" to the public. Only Satoshi and Mayaka know," he told you. You nodded and you guys stopped in a booth. 

"So we're fine. Don't worry," he assured you. You nodded and you guys started to see what kind of booths there was. 

•|•

You both ended up with a lot of fun. Laughing and blushing once in a while. Everything a couple would do in public, expect kiss. Oreki doing all the talking, well you just followed his lead. You went to the photography club and took photos. 

"Can we get one extra?" Oreki asked the photographer. He handed Oreki another stack of the photos you both took. You just watched him walk back to you and hold your hand, "even now" Oreki told you with a smile. You smiled back. 

Today Oreki was smiling too much he might not be able to smile again. Which made you feel a better way because you didn't want him to think you only wanted him. And he didn't want you, but he felt the same as you. 

He wanted you. You wanted him. 

But something was still in way. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆