Twenty-two

Beths face lit up. And she was happy. She could see him. And he was ashamed of himself. He was going to break her heart and he knew that. And that's the reason he came to her. But it wasn't the only reason.

"What made you change your mind," Thor asked. Loki places his hands in his pocket.

"Honestly, Beth did, I couldn't bare to see her heartbroken by me, I mean I thought it was bad when you did it but me, it's unbearable, she was right, I was a coward, but not for myself, for her," he said. She wiped her tears.

"Loki," she said as she ran to hug him. Her arms flew around his neck. Wanda came in, as did the rest of the team. Hulk was nodding.

Loki grabs her by the waist. And she feels better knowing he's alive and well. And that he's here with her.

"I'm sorry Beth," he said. She sniffles.

"It's okay, I'm glad you're here, you've been my best friend since the first week, and thought you've said things to me, you've understood me and been by me," she said letting him go. That made Bucky disappointed but he knew she was falling for him. And that was enough for him to forget what she said.

"I am not on the avengers team I'm on yours Beth, I don't work well with others but I work well with you," he said. She nods. Thor clears his throat. And everyone had been watching.

"Loki we want to know something," Captain said. He shrugs to him.

"You said you came back for Beth, why?"

"Well Captain its simple. I care for her, unlike the lot of you she's gentle and understanding, I think she's simply Devine," Loki said. Beth smiles.

"And Beth, why did you chase him," Captain said. Thor knew he was pushing for them to say what they've been trying to say.

"Well I care for him. He's been with me and I can't do this without him," she said. Captain nods.

"Sure, those are great answers, but there's more to it, and eventually you'll find yourselves saying it, because one of you will be put in that position," Captain said. And then from no where, appears Moduir, and three others.

"Loki and Beth, the two I've been wanting. Together," he said. Loki grabs Beth and places her behind him and she looks at him him confused, and she steps aside.

"If we go, we go together, both of us, together and that means we bunk together too, but you will leave our team alone," Beth said. Getting brave. Loki looks at her shaking his head.

"What are you doing Beth," he asks. She then manipulated his mind. Only his.

"Trust me, I have manipulative powers I can get in his head, and I'm saving our friends, our family, and you're coming with me."

He nods to her. He knew she was right. The two for the many. But Thor and Bruce didn't like it.

"Fine if you two agree to come willingly I will spare your friends lives, and you two can share a cell," Modiur said.

"Alright then we will go," Beth said. He made the others slap bracelets on them. To harness their power. Keep them from using them. However, Beth had a better idea.

"One more thing, the. Cuffs they have to go, we promise not to escape, or use them to escape, we go willingly meaning we will not use any power against you," she said. Hulk and Thor readied themselves for a fight. Moduir noticed and nodded to the others. They took the cuffs off and motioned for them to follow. To witch they did. Thor didn't like it. And he knew what would happen if they didn't save them.

"Hold on," Modiur said to the both of them. They grabbed his arms, and they were gone in an instant. And Thor was angry and scared.

His brother and his brothers love, was in danger with them. And they needed help. And everyone knew it. But they couldn't do a thing about it. And knowing the TVA they wouldn't be going to a different timeline, just somewhere to hold them, somewhere far from here. Wanda and Nebula looked at each other.

"Wait, we just let them go," Wanda said. And nebula agreed with that.

"Yes indeed, but how do we get them back," Gamora asks. Star boy looks at Captain.

"Loki can Astro project, so we wait for him to do just that. Because he will tell us where he is," Captain said. Thor looked at Captain.

"If he is able to, what if the cell suppressed their power, then what," he asks. Captain tilts his head.

"Well then we try to track them another way," he said. Thor throws his hands up.

"He told me, he told me that the TVA wanted them both, and I could have prevented this and I didn't," he said. Worrying for them both.

"Listen, we will get them back we always do, and when we do, we will destroy Modiur and his minions," Captain said. Thor nods.

"I hope you're right," he said.

A few hours passes and all of the team had been going over where they could search for their friends, Seemingly they thought Loki had changed so much he had become a great ally. And Beth hadn't done a thing to deserve this at all. What was going on? Why did the TVA want to control her? What was the catch? And where could they be?

Captain and Thor tried to search on the maps where would be most secluded and unvisited. But nothing showed up on the maps. And that scared Thor. Not only was his brother in danger but so was his friend Beth. And she didn't deserve it. Not one bit. She had been so good. And though his brother had manipulated people often he too didn't deserve to be a puppet.

"I found something, it looks like there's a blimp over an island of the west coast. Something with heat radiation and when using the satellites programming there are body temperatures and one of them are cold. Very cold," Bruce said. Thor snapped to Bruce.

"Like ice giant cold," he asked. Bruce nods tilting his head.

"How many can you see," Thor asked.

"There's one ice cold body, looks like twenty or more heat waves, I can't make out but something does strike me as interesting," Bruce said, "There is one heated simulated body next to the cold one."

"That's them."