Cupid's Bow

Songs:
Flicker - Neil Horan
Bloom - The Paper Kites
Cupid - Sam Cooke

Chapter warning: blood

Hux led Kylo through his entryway to the living room. The walls had been wallpapered with floral green and white swirls. Hux had carefully chosen this color scheme mainly because it went well with his orange hair. Another reason was one of his "clients" owned a very small wallpaper shop in Paris in 1890 and he had visited the store about seven times trying to find the person he was meant for. He had chosen the right girl for him to fall in love with, and Hux fell in love with the wallpaper.

Kylo walked through the old house and was taken aback by all the collections of trinkets Hux had seemed to collect over the years. His eyes ran across the shelves with snapshots of couples from years past, and lockets that seemed to have been misplaced. Kylo saw old postcards, letters, and photos of lovers and friends. Hux had been commissioned to Earth for a while. He seemed to be making the best of it. Looking around at all of his new possessions.

"Each one has a story." Hux spoke up, noticing Kylo taking in each treasure. "I was there for most of them. But some of them I fell in love with their own story. Humans are funny that way." He touched a Polaroid that had gathered some dust, and blew it off. "They do what they want. Even with guidance or sway from me. They can't help loving who they want." Placing it back on the shelf, he turned, motioning to the chair so Kylo could sit. "What can I do for you old friend?"

Kylo lowered himself into an old, pink wingback chair. Much to feminine for him, but somehow, it made him look more handsome than anything. He took a deep breath. Lines forming on his forehead,eyebrows furrowing. "When we fought in the war of 1509, you told me if I ever found myself down here, I had a place to stay. Well, I'm calling it in." Kylo tugged his long leg up over the other knee. "It seems as if I might be here a while." He rubbed his hand across his face. "Do you mind if I stay here with you?"

Hux laughed, and ran his hand through his hair. "I'll make you a deal. You can stay here as long as you want or need. I won't ask what caused you to be here. But you can't complain when I ask you to accompany me to brunch. I know of a fantastic little coffee shop that serves the best cup of espresso Earthside."

Hux stood and nodded curtly at his friend. "I might need some shoes first." Kylo wiggled his toes on the shag rug Hux had bought in the late seventies. They both looked down at his bare feet. "I'll grab you some boots."

People were coming and going, getting their drinks before work. The place was well known and had been here since the sixties. They brewed all kinds of fancy roasts and blends. People had begun to come all over the country and certain parts of the world to taste a speciality. You sat nursing the hottest coffee, as Rey edited the footage to run on the news that evening. Sitting back rehearsing your script in your head. The whole scene was still confusing. A burned hole, singed sand, feathers? It didn't quite make sense. Jotting down a few notes and clearing your throat softly you looked up at your best friend. "Rey, should we mention anything about the feathers? Maybe we should call a local bird guy and ask about flocks in the area?" You thought about the feathers. They were so long. What kind of bird had that long of feathers? And that glistening white.

The doorbell dinged it's familiar ding. You looked up and saw a usual. Hux, was a handsome red haired man, who always wore a suit and a pleasant smile. You two had talked a few times. He was Irish and always made you laugh. Normally telling you a joke or poking fun at something. You smiled, as he stepped into the shop. You gave him a slight wave, and he grinned. Waving back to you, he held the door open. You took your last sip of coffee and stood to drop your cup in the bin. Turning back the sun hit your eyes.