What Are You

Chapter Soundtrack:
Dandelions - Ruth B.
The Wisp Sings -Winter Aid
Another Love - Tom Odell
The Curse - Agnes Obel

Hux came out of his kitchen with a small apron on, looking confused. "Did someone come to the door?" He asked, smiling his usual smile, wiping his hands on the cloth over his shoulder. Seeing Kylo looking upset, and you having a slightly confused, and a super annoyed look on your face, he paused. "What did I miss?" He tossed his hand towel over his shoulder and propped himself on the door jam and looked at the two of you. Both of which were red faced.

You walked over to Kylo. "Who was that? What did she mean, Angels and Demons? And what was the "Pet" bullshit?" Kylo stood there, looking between Hux and you. For once you were at a loss. What did that even mean? Who was this person?

"You know what? I think that's enough fun for today." Turning on your heel, you marched to the front door. "Good seeing you again Hux." Your hand came to the knob as Kylo came up behind you. Placing a hand on your shoulder. Looking back at him over your shoulder, you waited. "Please don't leave. I can explain. Katrina was my partner for some years. I wouldn't say romantic feelings were there for me, but she had them. And when I didn't reciprocate she became," pausing choosing his next words carefully. His eyebrows furrowed and his lips pursed. "She became vindictive. I was charged with a new job in our military and she didn't like what it entailed." He took your hand, enclosing his palm around yours. "Angels and Demons are code words."

Hoping that would pacify you, he smiled slightly. You, on the other hand were not. Being the journalist you were, you could tell when someone was bullshitting you. You could smell it a mile away now. The first part sounded legit. But there was something he wasn't telling you. Given that Kylo looked like he had just been whipped you decided to give him a chance. Hoping the reason why he wasn't being truthful, would come back up when he trusted you. "Thank you, Kylo. But I do think I should go home. I have some work things I need to take care of before the segment tonight." Squeezing his hand, you waved a goodbye to Hux. And opened the door. Leaving you couldn't help but feel the air around you thicken. Something was definitely going on. And you were going to figure out what the hell it was.

"We have a problem Hux." Kylo turned to his oldest friend, and stalked towards him. "If you mean your girl, knowing about us, um, yeah." Hux walked back over to the kitchen, taking off his apron. "Was Kate here?" He asked as Kylo followed him through. He looked worried. "Katrina came to warn us about recent angel slayings. She saw Angel, and flipped her usual self. Her case, Hux." He began. "Whoever is committing those murders knows they're killing angels. They are literally collecting the keys to heaven, Hux. And that's not good." Kylo warned as he ran his fingers through his mane.

Hux looked up, surprised. "Fuck." He responded. "Was that why Kate was here? Did she tell you about them?" Kylo repeated the day with you. He left the bookstore and the upstairs activity. When he was finished, Hux cursed again. "I guess I could do some surveillance and get back. I need to fulfill a few quotas anyway." Hux walked to the hall closet, and retrieved a suit jacket. Shrugging it on, he checked his pockets and looked up at Kylo. "I'll be back."

Kylo followed Hux to the front door. "I'm going to see Angel  after she gets off work. Make sure she is okay." The two men walked out the door, and went in separate directions. Hux had always been a lover instead of a fighter. That's why he and Kylo always got along so well. The light to his dark. Hux would always injure demons on the battlefield. And Kylo would come behind and kill them. After the war ended, and they got their new job positions, Hux loved working as a Cupid. He loved seeing people find their happy endings. Kylo had been jealous but understood not everyone got the cake jobs.