VI : A Stolen Chariot

Listening to remy boyz and damn I miss their vibe so much. Drop some cool music I can dance to in the comments bruh 😎

The song above is 'Wow' by Zara Larsson. I actually heard it a while back but completely forgot about it until recently I rediscovered it. It's so good.

Anyway, how are you guys doing? 

Chapter VI 

Two weeks ago

The sound of gravel scrapping against the heavy vehicle screeching to a begrudging stop brought attention to the man who raced towards the entrance of the castle.

The castle of the cold blooded. 

Scurrying inside, the man seemed on edge.

There never were any gate keepers here, no one daring to step foot in the castle in the first place. The place reeked of trouble. Not that it wasn't well kept. In fact, it was the most posh castle you'd ever lay eyes on.

The vampire king lodged in the gargantuan castle. 

Magnificent pieces adorned the castle and exquisite paintings were decorated all along the hallways. The king was big on splurging. Vampires anyway had a greed for fancy gems, expensive cutlery and nothing but the finest of materials.

They were second to none in terms of materialistic holdings. They had an innate tendency to steal too.

 Nothing of worth would go unnoticed by their cunning eyes. And once they laid eyes on something, they'd stop at nothing to get it.

For this very reason, the crimes committed in their world were beyond sane. The rest of the world feared their insanity. They really did stop at nothing once they wanted it bad enough. Many even sacrificed their lives for it. Their unquenched thirst really was something heinous. 

It was just games to them. Other species didn't understand their unquenched need for more. They were insatiable so most of the others steered clear of them in the first place.

It wasn't unusual to come across a vampire occasionally but for the most part of it, every breed had specified territories where majority of them lived peacefully. Borders were defined and only sanctioned movements was allowed.

On authorized vacations, different species mingled or on travel permits. That too, could be risky sometimes if an individual was outnumbered during some friction. 

Several species actually got along very well but a myriad of them were always looking for trouble.  They'd dig their own graves and bodies would just pile along with theirs.

The only other exception was if two species agreed to move in and out of their territories peacefully. 

For example, it wasn't uncommon to come across a fae among the witches. They had a peace treaty and didn't mind being in each others demarcated areas. Regardless of the peace, most preferred to stay among their own majority.