XV : Death trap

Hola chicas! I usually blabber on for hours but this time imma let you get straight to reading hehe!

Enjoy!

Chapter XV

Rose Rorieare Ruse

Rose Rorieare Ruse

The dinner had left me even more clueless than before. I was perplexed. There was no way any of this was real.

Her assistant had already brought in a legal contract and I had politely suggested that I'd take a good look at it before making my decision.

The designer  thought perhaps I wasn't happy with the money they were offering and promised she was ready to negotiate. 

Ha! If only that could've been my main concern! 

It was a lump sump for someone like me, someone inexperienced when it comes to runways or anything even closely related to modelling.

All my life, I had been viewed as the sporty sister while Scarlett was the graceful dancer.

It wasn't that I was clumsy, it was just that I preferred the athletic lifestyle. It was beyond amazing, specially during high school and college.

I had joined the boot camp for warriors straight out of college, eager to exhilarate my body.

At first, a few of my friends parents would throw sly taunts my way about how sports was only supposed to be played by a certain gender but I payed them no heed. Thankfully, my parents didn't have such an archaic mindset. In fact, they encouraged being athletic. 

There was a time in my life when I had become conscious of my own body. I was not as 'petite' as others around me. I was on the muscular side. It had grown to love that about myself but there was a time when I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin. That's what society did to me. It made me question my own abilities based solely on gender. I'm so glad my parents didn't once stop supporting me.

Eventually, the voices of other individuals faded away and all that remained was my passion for  sports. Fuck anyone who tries to put you in a position where you lose clear vision of what's important to you.

This situation somehow reminded me of a time where I had questioned my abilities. With that, I had made up my mind.

I would go through with this runway show. I found the idea absurd at first, almost unbelievable. But I had to do this for myself. To prove to myself that I was capable of doing this.

I was no fool. I wasn't willingly putting myself in a compromising situation. I wouldn't go anywhere unarmed and I sure as hell wouldn't stop being vigilant for a second.

Just because I was going through with this didn't mean I was placing my blind faith in these strangers.

I wasn't afraid. If any situation did arise, I was damn well capable of taking care of myself. I had been training like crazy at the warrior camps.