IX : Gentlemen

Hey y'all, how've you been?

I want you to keep in mind that all of this is still happening in the time frame before Scarlett had arrived to Paris, before she went to the abandoned hospital herself.

Chapter IX

Giovanni Ambrose

Marseille was a beautiful coastal city. I had always enjoyed travelling east of Paris.  The cities were bigger, the culture untouched by westernization. It reminded me of a more impish period, one that I dearly cherished.

Now all the world seemed to care about was money and power. 

The Vampires who resided here were one of the most gregarious. 

Upon reaching the designated area that had been pointed out by the trackers, we walked through the streets. It was an empty neighborhood. One of the abandoned hospitals there was running. There was no other sign of life for miles.

They really planned on going unnoticed, didn't they?

It was eerily quite, the silence only adding to the ghostly set up.

My vamps had rounded up the vicinity, waiting to pounce.

We could use weapons, but we didn't need them. Where was the fun in that?

I could have left my boys to finish the business up all by themselves but curiosity had gotten the best of me.

What could possibly have led someone to make such rash decisions and to be so inept that they decided to have a hide out in a vampire dominant territory?

Maybe this was just a stupid cult, a waste of my time really. Or maybe there was something more to it.

I hopped onto the roof, James joining me while Cooper firmly knocked on the front door.

Despite our roughish behavior, occasionally we decided to be gentlemen.

Smirking, I waited for the tumult to begin.

Two vampires with hand guns opened up the door.

"Who are you?" One of them questioned.

If they didn't recognize Cooper by face, they were probably recently turned and unaware of the hierarchy. They hadn't been introduced to the main part of our city or our way of living.

Cooper waited for his fangs to extend, his long canines shinning in the moonlight.

He smiled at them, a wicked gleam in his eyes. Although Cooper was the most childish amongst us, he was also one of the strongest.

"Cooper, motherfucker." He hissed. His aggressive side always did take over real quick.

One of them pointed his gun in Coopers direction, "What do you want?"

James butt in, "What 'we' want."

The two men looked up, walking out from beneath the door. 

In the darkness, our faces were wielded from afar.

"You see," I begun, "your foolish bravado has come to my attention."

With that, I jumped from the roof, landing in front of them.

My boots on impact, made a thudding noise, the dust rising from the soil below my feet.

When I was up close, their faces went pale. So, they did recognize me.

Well, too late. 

They turned to run, Cooper having already anticipating that move, had grabbed onto both of their biceps, crushing their arms in his hold.

One of them ended up shouting for help, hoping for back-up.

Unfortunately for him, no amount of back-up could help them anymore.

James simultaneous plunged his hands into their chests, pulling out their hearts. He dropped them near his feet, the sluggish noise they made being the last sound before an array of vampires came towards us, weapons in hand.

"Oh, bring it on." Cooper cracked his neck.

It had been a long century since weapons were last pointed at us. Immortality had it's on perks, but bullets and knifes still did injure us.

With the passage of time, the pain started to fade. It only felt like a 

It was a hot minute before they were dead too.

We took our leisurely time as we entered the building, our soldiers joining us now.

In the main dingy lit room, werewolves and vampires alike, stood awaiting our presence.

I stood at the gate at first, letting my Armory do their job. 

It was only when we saw that it wasn't enough that the three of us joined in as well.

These vampires were stronger than most we had come across. Cooper pulled one heart only to drop it in disgust, turning to me in shock.

It was black. Their blood, their heart, all of it.

I had never seen anything like it. 

"What the hell are they?" James asked, while fighting off three of them.

They chuckled, "Something you aren't prepared for."

The two who were trying to get to me had annoyed me beyond belief.

"ENOUGH!" I shouted in agitation. The entire room went silent, everyone stopping.

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath before opening them again.

They were red now, James and Cooper aware of what was about to go down.

I scoured through the room, killing all of them in a stroke.

Their black hearts lay on the floor, the foul smell of their blood drenching the room.

"Scan the place for anything useful." I said as I sat down on a cold metal bed.

Not only was this more than a cult, this was a very serious matter that was clearly involved or linked to other kingdoms.

Was the council involved? Before submitting any news or report to the council, I had to get my people to do some underground work.

Who to trust and what to believe were going to be tricky for the next couple of months.

If this was even an ounce of what I thought it was, we were all in trouble.

James head popped out of another room, "I think you'd want to see this Gio."

I got up, following him into the room.

There was a girl, barely alive, strapped onto the medical beds. Her hands and legs were bound against metal straps, her body showing bruises.

"This was the girl who stole your chariot." James said.

****

There you have it, another update! Hope you thoroughly enjoyed.

As always, IF YOU DID PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT ME AS A WRITER AND VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE MY STORY <3

~Xoxo

mysterygurli