XXII : Good Team

Hello again loves. 

It's so nice to see you here.

Enjoy.

Chapter XXII 

Scarlett Ruse

Scarlett Ruse

Why in the seven sins would I go to the Louvre when I was damn sure Rose was being held captive by that royal pain in my a$$ Giovanni?

Xavier must be out of his goddamn mind if he thought I would do as I was told. He insisted that I go to the Louvre, just incase this was a 'trap'. To hell with this being a trap, it was time to show the vampire king his place.

So when Xavier escorted me into a car with his guards and rounded the corner in his own vehicle- I ordered the guards to go down a different route the minute we were out of his view.

They weren't given any instructions besides to protect me at all costs.

How cliché. As grateful as I was to have security with me 24/7, it got exhausting sometimes. I hadn't been brought up like this. I was a dancer not a soldier. Hell, I still am!

My life had been turned upside down and I was trying my best not to drown in this new wave of responsibility.

There were multiple routes to the location Giovanni had shared and in the five minutes I had been alone in my room, I had done my fair share of research.

Google has been a fucking blessing to our generation. All I had to do was search up the location and stores nearby to get a rough idea of all the exit and entry points of that building.

I even found the original layout of that building on an old companies site.

I told Anthony, our driver, to stop the car near a confectionary shop a block away from the location. I had to make sure I had all my guards stationed at good access points, a position where they had a clear shot.

Greggory was the only guard left with me by the time I was in front of the building, having dismissed everyone else to their posts.

"This is where king Xavier went, isn't it?" He asked warily.

I gave him a nod and his lips thinned, "He's not going to be very pleased with this situation."

"I know." I shrugged, "Better upset than dead."

"It isn't my place to say anything but he can handle himself my Queen." Gregory assured me.

"And I hope you understand I can hold my own as well." I said firmly, turning around a corner to sneakily jog till the back gate.

He followed, obviously with more stealth than me. Any other argument died down.

There was nobody stationed outside which came as no surprise. If they wanted to be inconspicuous, they would do everything to go unnoticed.