Chapter twenty

★ Itachi's p.o.v ★

She looked lovely as she glided down the isle. Some of the Akatsuki were sitting in the front row, I seen her two brother sitting on the other side in the front row. She was being walked down the isle by the elder of the village. A strange looking man who's eye brows are to long. She didn't look very happy, actually, she looked beyond pissed, but she tried hiding it, she was just failing at it.

"Do you, Itachi Uchiha, take this lovely woman as your wife? To have and to hold, through sickness and in health, until death do you part." A small plump man with graying hair asked.

"I do." I respond in a mellow voice.

"And do you, Temari, take this man as your husband? To have and to hold, through sickness and in health, until death do you part." She didn't say anything, she just looked at the floor like it would move if she didn't keep an eye on it.

I don't blame her. With all the things that I have done, I can't blame her for not wanting to marry me right off the bat. However, hopefully in the future, she will warm up to me, and maybe she can warm the cold parts of my heart.

♥ Temari's p.o.v ♥

I didn't want to do this, but I had to. If I don't then many could lose their life. I don't mind to give up my life for someone else, but marrying this man was challenging, I can't believe I have to marry someone who murdered his own family! Why did it have to be him?

"I don't really have much of a choice do I?" I reply to the father of a near by church. He gave me a sad smile.

"You may now kiss the bride." I never understood why they didn't say ' you may now share spit', or 'you may now kiss the groom.' Or, 'feel free to kiss.'

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt warm soft lips on mine.

Sakura's p.o.v

I was sitting in Pein's lap as he did paper work, don't ask how this happened. Sitting in his lap was quite comforting in fact. Everyone makes him out to be a cold blooded killer, and maybe he is, but under neath that cold heart of his, is a big fluffy teddy bear. I lean back into him more.

"Comfortable?" Pein asks with a little chuckle at my actions.

"Yes." I smile. I'm not sure when it happened, or even how, but somewhere along the way, I started to like him. I don't know what it will turn into, but since we are married, hopefully it will be something good.

It was quite. I didn't know what to say, I didn't really need to say anything, and I guess Pein didn't have anything to say as well. I was happy. Its been a while since I've smiled like this. Since Sasuke left, I felt hollow. Like I was just living in the shadow of the person that I use to be. I thought I was madly in love with him, I thought he was perfect. However I realized something a little to late. He didn't feel the same way about me, as I felt about him.

The day he left me on that cold bench, not only did I lose who I thought was the love of my life, but I lost a team mate, and a best friend. When he left, I never thought that I would smile the same again, but here I am, smiling like a little kid on Christmas, all because of this man with spiky orange hair.

"Hmm." Pein says absent minded, while his eye brows scrunch together.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I look over at the paper on his desk that he is curtly reading. It's a mission request. I didn't know the Akatsuki did things like this? I gave him a questioning glance.

"We have to make money somehow. But we've never had a request like this before." Pein answers my unasked question. He is quite good at reading people. I look back at the paper.

"A lord from a near by village has a son that is about 12, he apparently doesn't have any manors. His mother died after child birth, and his father has no time for him, and spoils him to much. So instead of teaching his son himself, he wants us to do it." Pein informs me.

"So he wants us to play mommy for a while?" I sum up the best I could.

"Basically. He thinks he needs a ' mothers touch'." This sounds laughable. Asking the Akatsuki to play mommy to a kid. They'd sooner kill the brat than be his mother.

Pein glances over at me, a smirk playing on his lips. I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

"You said you're good with kids, right?"

....

Sorry for the delay, I hope everyone likes this chapter. And as always ignore all of the grammar and spelling mistakes. Please vote and comment! :-)