Twenty Five

I groggily opened my eyes and shifted in the bed. Sunlight was streaming in through the cracks of the curtains, laying perfectly across my eyeline. I flipped on my side and looked over at Matsu. I watched him stir, his bare chest heaved lightly under the blankets and he opened his eyes. "Good morning," I gushed, scratching his chest lightly. He groaned in response, wrapped his arms around my waist, and pulled me into him. We cuddled for a few minutes, and just as I was about to drift back asleep, there was a knock at the door.

"Not it," Matsu called.

"Uhm, yeah it. I don't know if you noticed, but I'm naked," I whined, nuzzling my face into his neck.

"So am I," he sleepily replied, kissing my head.

"Yeah but I'd have to put on a shirt and pants, you just have to put on pants."

"You have a point... Fine, I'll get up." He slid off the bed, struggled to put on his pants, kissed me on the cheek, and made his way to the door. "You're lucky you're so cute."

Immediately after he left, I decided I needed to get up as well. I slid out of bed and put on my panties, which were laying right next to Matsu's button down. I scooped up his button down and threw it on, only buttoning the second, third, and fourth buttons out of sheer laziness. I opened the bottom drawer of the dresser and fished out a pair of my spandex shorts.

"Matsu, who's at the door?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and leaning against the door frame to our bedroom. "Watari?"

He smiled, walking into the condo with a shirtless Matsu on his tail. "Headquarters has been quite dull without you." He held out a nicely sealed letter in front of him, and I took it. I turned it over in my hands a few times, knowing exactly who it was from, and looked back up at him. He was smiling warmly at me and I suddenly realized how much I missed him. I hugged him, and he chuckled, hugging me back. Then it dawned on me, I was practically naked. I shied away from him awkwardly and looked over at Matsu, who was as red as a tomato. "I hope to see you two soon."

"Maybe," I mumbled, scratching the back of my head. Watari turned around and began to walk back towards the door.

Before he walked out completely, he turned his head and quipped, "You kids have fun." My eyes widened and Matsu shut the door.

"Oh my god," I groaned, throwing my hands over my eyes.

"I've never been so embarrassed in my life," he added, resting his forehead against the door. I made my way over to him and snaked my arms around his torso, kissing his back.

"So, what's for breakfast?"

***

"Are you sure you want to go back?" Matsu asked for the fifth time, finishing his pancakes. I poked at mine, there was a knot in my stomach and I couldn't force any more down. I pushed my plate away and Matsu frowned, pushing it back.

"I can't eat." It had been three days since Watari delivered me that note from Ryuzaki and I had decided that today was the day Matsu and I were going to return to the team. I was a nervous wreck, and I could tell Matsu wasn't so thrilled either.

"Aki... You have to eat something," he pleaded, putting his hand on my inner thigh. I sighed and took another bite, nearly gagging. I physically couldn't swallow, I was too nervous about today. I didn't get much sleep last night either. After Matsu and I had sex, he passed out, but I stayed awake staring at the ceiling, thinking about the moments before I swallowed those seeds. Sometimes I wished Matsu hadn't saved me.

"I can't." My eyes began to water and I forced the food down my throat. I felt his hand squeeze my thigh, and I took a deep breath before pushing the plate away again.

"But you've been doing so well," he whispered, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I know... I just... " I dropped my head hard enough on my knee to where it made a noise.

"Hey," Matsu called out, reaching for my head and cradling it in his hands, "don't hurt yourself." He kissed my forehead and continued, "I think that going back is a bad idea... "

"We have to go, Matsu." I got up and sat in his lap, wrapping my arms around his head.

"No we don't. I just don't think-"

"We're going. I can't let you stay cooped up in here with me forever. And I know you miss work. We both knew this was coming... "

"I know. I'm just... I don't know what I am. Scared, I guess?" He hugged me closer and I kissed his head.

"Me too."