Chapter 24 - A Future

After finding each other in the great hall, Draco and I seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. The only people that could find us were Ginny and our families. Lavender had believed our parents to be dead but they were just imprisoned and quickly released.

I was never fond of Lucius Malfoy but as time went on, I could see how hard he was trying to make up for being a poor father, and began to warm up to him. Narcissa and I quickly grew close and our relationship blossomed into a healthy one. My mother and I never gained back the relationship we'd once had, but she and my father were there.

Lavender and I became sisters in a way we never had before. After our parents retired from the ministry, she moved into our childhood home with none other than Dean Thomas. I was the maid of honor at their wedding and three years later became an aunt.

Ginny and I rekindled our friendship. She helped plan my wedding, much to the annoyance of Harry. They were engaged to be married and he and Ron were having trouble with forgiving Draco. I didn't blame them at all. Seven years as enemies couldn't be ignored easily.  

Everything was perfect for my special day. My father saw me down the aisle to Draco and gave me away willingly, even though he'd tried to dissuade me from marrying him at first. The yellow roses smelled wonderful and my dress flowed perfectly behind me. I'd chosen a white dress, despite the fact that I was already pregnant, and no longer virginal. I wasn't showing yet and it fit me like a glove. I fell in love with it the moment I tried it on, thanks to the urging of Lavender.

Our vows were exchanged and before we knew it, we were husband and wife. The reception quickly followed. Time moved so fast that day.

Unknown to us, Narcissa had badgered Lucius into using some of the Malfoy fortune to purchase Draco and I our own home. Draco was given the keys in secret and we left for our honeymoon. Disapparating on the spot with well wishes from everyone, we were suddenly in front of a simple, two story home with white fencing around it. It was just the type of house I'd always wanted to bring my kids up in. I looked around and saw that it was in a muggle suburb, something else I'd wanted. I looked at Draco, awe showing in my face.

"Mother and the girls have been plotting," He said and kissed me.

The house was perfect. It was fully furnished with a kitchen a chef would die for and a separate media room off of the living room which was already fully equipped with all the baby and young children toys one could imagine.

Draco led me upstairs where I saw two bedrooms on one side of the landing, and the master suite on the other. Pausing to look into the two smaller rooms, I saw them fully furnished, one for a boy and one for a girl. There was a full bathroom between the two rooms, and we had a full master suite. Behind a door in the hallway was another, narrower stairway that led into the attic of the home, which ran the entire expanse of the house. It was almost as if there was a third floor. 

It was perfect. I felt so overwhelmed with all the love and kindness everyone had put into this house. My time for happiness was long overdue.