Chapter 2 - Spacequake.

The windows of the Corridor shook violently as an unpleasant siren echoed through the streets, while Syouji frantically ran while clutching his chest with stifled breathing.

"Wh-what... what is going on?" Syouji muttered and rushed into the Classroom.

And then, at that moment, a mechanical voice that paused after each word, probably for ease of understanding, rang out throughout the campus.

"ーThis is not, a drill. This is not, a drill. The foreshock, has been observed. The occurrence, of a space quake, is predicted. Persons in the vicinity, please move to the nearest shelter, immediately. I repeat---"

In that instant, the stone silent room was filled with the students gasps.

ーA Spacequake alert.

Syouji walked into the classroom with a hand on his chest as he gasped for air.

"Oi...oi seriously? On the first day of school?" Tonomachi uttered in a dry voice while sweating profusely.

However, in terms of tension and anxiety, Shidou and Tonomachi as well as the other students in the classroom were relatively calm. At the very least, it seems none of the students seem to have fallen into a panic.

After this town was severely damaged by the Spacequake thirty years ago, Syouji's generation was trained profusely in evacuation drills all the way since Kindergarten.

Furthermore, this was a high school with an underground shelter that can fit all the students.

"The shelter is right there. If we calmly hide then it'll be alright" Shidou pointed out, handing Syouji a water bottle.

"Yeah what Shi-bro said. Take deep breaths." Syouji followed up and drank the water in a hurry and almost drowned.

"you're the one who needs to take deep breaths." Shidou pointed out.

"I was talking to myself." Syouji nodded while crouching next to his brother.

"R-Right... that's right." Tonomachi nodded at their words, prior to the bickering that took place.

As fast as possible without running, they left the Classroom. The corridor was already overflowing with students, forming a line going towards the shelter.

Syouji furrowed his eyebrows, scanning the room of people until he spotted a peculiar sight. There was a single person moving in the opposite direction of the lineーa female student was running towards the entrance.

"Tobiichi Origami?" Shidou brought attention to that.

That's right, dashing down the hallway with her skirt flapping in the wind was that Tobiichi Origami.

"Hey! What are you doing! The shelter is the other directionー" Shidou continued as Syouji looked at Tobiichi out of concern.

"Ori- I mean Tobiichi-san? Where are you going?" Syouji spoke as Tobiichi Origami looked back for a moment, before opening her mouth.

"I'm fine, don't worry." saying only that, she once again dashed away.

"Be careful?!" Syouji shouted with a bit of a questioning tone, wondering why he's telling her to be careful.

"I said I'll be fine." Tobiichi Origami stated without looking back.

With a worried expression on their faces, Shidou turned with Syouji following closely behind and joined the line of students with Tonomachi.

Syouji was slightly concerned, but perhaps she had just forgotten something and went to get it... outside the classroom? Wait no, that doesn't add up... where is she off to?