Chapter 36 - Nightmare

The next morning, Syouji walked into class and saw that Kurumi was already sitting in her seat.

An obvious abnormality.

Although, he had already experienced it once, it was still somewhat shocking nonetheless.

A girl that supposedly died is attending school as if nothing happened.

Recognizing Syouji's face, Kurumi revealed a peaceful smile, making a bow.

"Ara, Syouji-san. Good day to you."

Her appearance was nothing like yesterday.

That is, this girl had both her legs pierced through as well as being decapitated, Syouji would most certainly be suspected of being an insane person if he pointed it out.

"Good morning to you too."

Syouji greeted in response as he sat down next to Shidou who gave him a questioning look as if to ask what the next thing to do would be.

Upon this, Syouji waved his hand dismissing this while shaking his head.

"I was very happy yesterday. You have to ask me out again some time."

"Happy huh?"

"Yes, extremely." Saying so, Kurumi once again smiled.

Did she mean her date with Syouji, or was she talking about that incident in the alley.

Syouji was unable to discern which one she meant.

Kurumi probably noticed this, as she continued while maintaining her cute smile.

"Ah, but I was a little surprised there."

"Surprised you say? About what exactly?"

Syouji asked in reply as Kurumi narrowed her eyes in response.

"It's just that, Syouji-san would be applying for a leave of absence from school today."

Syouji froze up and was genuinely confused. However he quickly recovered as he spoke up.

"But today is a school day don't you know? Would it have been better if I hadn't come to school?"

"No, Syouji-san came to school like a good boy. I'm really glad."

Kurumi said with an innocent smile on her face. At this point, Syouji stood up and approached her.

"ーKurumi."

"What is it?"

"I have decided to save you."

".....Save?"

In the instant Syouji finished speaking, Kurumi's expressions suddenly lost all its warmth.

".....You really said something strange Syouji-san."

"That's enough, that kind of stuff... I won't let you kill humans anymore, I won't let you kill Mana anymore. This is my conclusion, which I have reached yesterday."

"Please don't force yourself onto others. I hate that kind of wishful thinking."

"It's not wishful thinking if I end up actually doing it. I will save you. You will be saved by me. No matter what, definitely."

Syouji ended his proclamation as Kurumi frowned hard.

Several moments later, she made an expression as though she was thinking about something, after which she spoke.

"Then, whether what you say is true or false, let's put it to the test."

"And...?"

"Today after class, please come to the rooftop."