Chapter 19 - exhortation

"Oh,... Eh? What happened to you?" It was morning and Shidou, was dragging Syouji who limped into the classroom.

Almost everyone was staring at Syouji, Because whether it was his face or hands, his whole body was practically covered in bandages, on top of that, his steps were staggering so much that it seemed like he would fall over anytime.

"...Aah, well a rather handsome man with blonde hair beat me up."

Yeah right as if Syouji could say that.

Then, as if he remembered something, Tonomachi suppressed his laughter.

"Oh yeah, I heard that net radio, what was up with that? It was pretty damn interesting." Shidou's face twitched upon hearing those words.

"Y-you've already heard it? that..."

"Oh, I listened to it a little before I left the house. But... that's supposed to be a joke right? It would be scary if that were real."

"Ah... Hahahaha... Yeah, y-you're right..."

Shidou let out a dry laugh and averted his gaze. Whereas, Syouji was enjoying every moment of Shidous misery.

"L-Leaving that aside Tonomachi, what are you looking at?" Shidou raised his voice to change the topic, not wanting Tonomachi to become more interested in that "radio station"

Tonomachi looked like he was gazing seriously at the gravure page in the back of a manga magazine.

"Ah, this... Oh yeah, I want to ask you about something. You too Syouji."

"W-what is it?" Shidou asked him back as Tonomachi put on a serious look and continued.

"Nurse, miko, or maid... ...Which one do you like most?"

"...Huh?" upon hearing this, Shidou let out a startled voice.

"It's been decided that the gravure costume for the next issue will be based on the readers' voting poll... This is so troubling."

"...Ahh, is that so..." Shidou replied with a sigh.

Tonomachi seemed like he didn't mind and thrust the magazine towards Shidou. However, in contrast to this Syouji let out a sigh of annoyance.

"So? Which one do you like!?" Tonomachi asked with vigor as Syouji let out a groan, before opening his mouth to speak.

"Well, Shidou likes loli—"

"Shut up, Syouji! the maid...?"

Shidou retorted, waving off the concerned expression on Tonomachis's face, who then cast his gaze on Syouji.

"Who cares? Although, if you're really asking me, then, I would also choose a maid..." Syouji said as Tonomachi showed a dumbfounded expression.

"Wh-What's wrong?" Shidou asked.

"To think that you would like maids! I'm sorry but our friendship ends here!"

"......How trivial." Syouji said as he sat down on his seat.

Whereupon, Shidou scratched his cheek, then walked over to his own seat.

"H-Hey, where are you going?!"

"......Our friendship ends here right?" Shidou said, hanging his bag on the table.

"...Rest in peace friendship, you will not be missed."

Syouji muttered as Tonomachi approached Shidou.

After what happened today, the twins could not be bothered to act at least a little bit nicer to him.