Chapter 12 - Tohka date part 2

"......Shi-bro? Need help?"

Shidou was comparing the numbers written on the receipt in his hand with the contents of his wallet, as he sighed.

Earlier, Tohka had tried to threaten... beg someone for money.

"Cmon, let's go." Shidou spoke, Standing up.

"Nn, already?"

Tohka said, staring in wonder.

Shidou quickly stood up as if in a hurry.

Although, Syouji couldn't really blame him. If they stayed here any longer then the only paths open to them would be to either wash the dishes or to eat and run, or even worst, go to jail.

As Shidou walked towards the front counter, Tohka caught up too while Syouji was lagging behind and saw that She was no longer emanating such a harsh hostility towards the surrounding customers.

It seemed that she had pretty much gotten used to people being around her.

For the moment, Syouji was relieved, as Shidou placed the receipt along with three paper bills that made up 90% of his remaining money on the counter.

"I'd like to pay please." Shidou said towards the employee standing at the counter.

"...!?"

Shidou frowned greatly, and took a step back. That was because, the employee that stood there was...

"...Thank you for your visit."

There was a familliar woman with thick shadows under her eyes and seemed excessively sleepy, which felt strange for some reason.

"Wh-wh-wh-wh..."

"Nn? What's wrong shidou, an enemy!?"

"...Of course. Took you long enough, Reine-san." Syouji muttered the last part and let out a sigh.

Meanwhile, Tohka turned her trembling face towards the visibly flustered Shidou.

"N-no, that's not it..." Shidou feebly denied Tohka's question.

Then, as Syouji further examined the worker wearing the extremely cute uniform with a stuffed bear sitting on her shoulder, her sleepy eyes began glowing.

For a moment, Syouji felt a glare as if saying 'if you tell anyone I'm working here then I'll kill you', but soon realized that it had a different meaning.

Probably along the lines of-

"-Play along or else."

"...Here is your change and receipt."

Reine quickly completed the transaction and passed the receipt over while tapping its surface.

Syouji looked over and saw that on the bottom of that receipt, 'We will support you. Continue your date naturally' was written.

Shidou stuffed the receipt in his pocket as Reine's sharpened gaze returned to being her usual spaced out look.

She then took out a single colorful strip of paper from the register's drawer and handed it to Shidou.

"...This is a raffle ticket for the shopping district. As you leave this store, if you follow the road on the right you will reach the place for the drawing. If you would like, please have a visit."

In addition to explaining the location in detail, the last part was said very clearly as Shidou scratched his cheek.

At that moment, the bracelet vibrated and as Syouji inspected it, it seemed to have a bonus feature now.