Chapter 34 - Date-A-Trouble

"Sorry, i've kept you waiting."

Syouji quickly returned to the building where Kurumi was while putting a hand on his abdomen.

It seems that after running away, the food in his stomach began to stir.

"Never mind that, are you alright...?"

Kurumi asked seemingly concerned. On a side note, on her hand was a bag from the lingerie store.

"Did... Did you actually buy it? The lingerie I mean."

"Yes. Because you said that it suited me. Plus, It seemed like you really liked it. Your facial expression didn't change, but the color did."

"Ahh... I see. So I was blushing, huh..."

Syouji said, while scratching his cheek in embarrassment and averted his gaze.

At this point, he noticed the disappearance of three girls.

"Hey, where did the three girls go?"

"They left after you went to the bathroom."

"I see, so that's it huh?"

Syouji let out a sigh thinking that he dodged a bullet. However...

"Ah, they left a message for you. "Syouji, prepare to die tomorrow"."

That's right. Tomorrow is the funeral of Itsuka Syouji.

There's no escaping this.

No matter how much he trains, he can never defend himself against that.

If he runs, they'll find him back in school the next day.

This is a hopeless situation.

Kurumi observed as Syouji's head drooped down thinking of negative scenarios for tomorrow, possibly overthinking it.

She seemed to examine his body language as his shoulders dropped while letting out a sigh.

"I say, Syouji-san."

"What's up?"

Syouji tilted his head as Kurumi showed an innocent smile saying a sentence that brought flashbacks to his brain, remembering Origami licking her fork.

"It's almost time for lunch now isn't it." Kurumi grabbed Syouji by the wrist and dragged him away.

However, having enough of being dragged around for one day, he planted his feet firmly on the ground and focused enough strength in his arm to stop her.

"Hold on."

"Syouji-san? Is there a problem?"

"Not really" Syouji said as he took back his hand with a tug.

Kurumi seemed shocked and seemed upset for a moment.

However, Syouji grabbed her hand as their fingers intertwined with each other.

"There. That's better right?"

Syouji said as he began walking next to her. Kurumi's cheeks were tinted a faint red color as a voice was heard from the intercom.

<Good going Syouji. I can feel the heat from here. I guess all the time you spent as an Otaku has finally paid off.>

Is that an insult or a compliment? he couldn't really tell.

And so, like this with their hands swinging in between them, Kurumi and Syouji walked around for a bit until they managed to find a barbecue stand as he then stood in front of her.