Chapter 22 - 40 Degrees

Shidou, Syouji and the spirit known as [Hermit], were walking around the department store.

Syouji and the puppet Yoshinon seemed to be in good terms and were cracking jokes.

Kotori would occasionally whisper commands using the intercoms along with the vibrations and occassional beeps from Syoujis bracelet.

<ーThis is going beyond my expectations.> Kotori's voice was heard.

<She seems to have the characteristics that attract people. The favorable impression is also great. Even if I tell Shidou to kiss her right now, she won't refuse right?>

"Yeah, probably. I think he might even enjoy that, since he's a lolicon"

"Hey, hey... give me a break." As Syouji said that in a low voice, Shidou retorted while scratching his cheek.

"As I thought, being able to chat sure is fun isn't it? It seems like those other people are rude."

The puppet said, clattering and laughing.

The conversation was proceeding smoothly and lively and the values in her affection level were rising.

However, there was an uncomfortable feeling in Syouji's chest, since the girl herself has not spoken a single word.

It was as if the puppet was acting as a sort of middle man. At that momentー

"ーOoo?" The puppet suddenly made a noise and turned towards Syouji.

"Amazing! Hey Syouji, what's thatー?" Yoshinon asked, clapping its hands excitedly as the girl ran towards the toy store.

"Oh, that's a jungle gym. You're meant to climb it." Syouji answered as the girl began to climb up the colorful plastic castle.

Then, when she reached the top of it, she let out a voice.

"How is it? Am I cool? Is Yoshinon cool or what?" the puppet asked, looking down from above.

"H-Hey, that's dangerous." Shidou said with a worried expression.

"I don't know about that. Wasn't she standing on the ceiling a moment ago?" Syouji questioned as Shidou glared at him.

"That's not the point Syouji." He said shaking his head.

Although, despite what he said, even Syouji couldn't help but feel a sense of unease as he watched the girl balance on one leg.

"Hey what the hell? I asked if I was cool and you two just start arguing? Geez, chill! Oh, Woah woah woah!"

The girl said this and seemed to have lost her balance as she started flapping her arms to regain her balance.

Upon this, Shidou and Syouji rushed over to the bottom of the jungle gym.

"I told you this would happenー!" Shidou yelled in frustration and began panicking as the girl with blue hair fell on top of Shidou.

"Shidou! Oh man, are you okaー oh..." Syouji looked over to Shidou who fell back on the floor and right on top of him was the girl dressed in green with their lips touching slightly.

Seeing this, Syouji immediately started taking inconspicuous photos of the two.

"Lolicoー"

"ーMmhhp!" Shidou groaned.

<Wow, good going Shidou.>

Upon witnessing the situation, Kotori let out a surprised sound through the intercom. Then, silently, [Hermit] raised her body and got up off of Shidou.