Chapter 30 - Sisterly war

After buying ingredients at the supermarket, Syouji and Shidou were walking with Tohka following close behind.

They were carrying heavy plastic bags as the sky became darker than before.

"Well, it sure was the right day to come today." Shidou said that with a smile as Syouji nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, you said it. Plus, we didn't have to fight off any rabid housewives, this time... Really, it's such a shame."

Syouji said with a straight face, whereas Shidou gave him a look as if he was in shock of what he said, before letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Y-Yeah... Ahaha... haa" Shidou muttered as a heavy silence fell upon the three.

However, that silence was quickly broken as Tohka opened her mouth to speak.

"Shidou! What's for dinner today? Hamburger steak?"

These few weeks, Tohka has gotten accustomed to guessing the menu. She happily said in excitement.

<Ah, I vote for that too!>

At that moment, Kotori's voice came from the transmitter that was still in transmission.

Upon this, Shidou shrugged as the corner of his lips slightly raised, while Syouji seemed to be looking out into the distance with an empty look.

"Ah what should I do, there's still stewed carrot with fish floss and Sanshoku donburi"

Shidou said this, looking at Syouji and Tohka's reactions.

What he said was enough for Tohka and even Syouji to pay attention.

"Mu, Muu, even though those aren't bad at all, can't we have Hamburger steak?"

"Yeah, I say we cut out the stewed carrot with fish floss, and let's have the Hamburger steak instead."

<Hold on a minute, what are you saying? Since we got our hands on mixed meat, let's not be stingy and use it in one go!>

"No, you listen to me, Kotori. We've had the stewed carrot for three days straight. I am not going to cook and eat that. I object!"

As Tohka spoke with her eyebrows knitted together, next to her, Syouji folded his arms and shook his head in disagreement, while Kotori's voice came from the transmitter at the same time.

Shidou smiled as he continued walking.

He had just caused a big argument among Tohka, Syouji and Kotori, who are known to play video games together and often get into such arguments.

At that time, the sound of sports shoes rubbing on asphalt could be heard as Shidou turned his head towards that direction.

Over there was a girl with a ponytail and a mole underneath her eye.

The girls seemed to be the same age as Kotori as she stood there with her eyes widened in shock.

She was wearing a parka jacket and a culotte shirt.

Her white shoes has striking red spots on them just like bloodstains.... it was as if she had just killed someone moments before.

Then, Shidou noticed that the girl was staring straight in his direction and upon this, he began to look around until he locked eyes with Syouji who looked at Tohka, then Shidou, then back at the girl as if he was piecing a puzzle.

"Oh... "

Pounding his palm with his fist as if coming to a realiation, Syouji let out a gasp and pointed at Shidou and Tohka, who looked at him with confused expressions.