Vol. 3 Chapter 28 - Tokisaki Kurumi

"What are you doing?"

"Huh?"

In the living room at home, Itsuka Shidou was asked this question as he inchorently responded.

"Eh? What am I doing? Of course, I'm going to school."

Saying so, Shidou looked down at his attire.

He was wearing the high school <summer> uniform, a bag in his left hand and a lunch box on his right hand.

It was indeed the attire of someone who was going to school.

At that moment, the sound of light footsteps were heard.

Syouji walked into the living room with his left hand in his pocket and his right hand supporting the strap of his bag with his right hand.

"I think she's talking about the thing on your left hand."

Syouji said pointing at the object in Shidou's left hand.

Shidou gave a questioning look and alternated between Syouji and the lunch box in his left hand.

"This? It's just the Lunch box.... you know, for Tohka."

It would seem that it was for the girl living in the condominium nearby.

"How are you gonna give it to her?"

Kotori once again questioned as Shidou's eyes turned into dots.

Then, with an "Eh?" He spoke up.

"I'm.... planning to put it inside her mailbox."

Hearing this, Syouji let out a "Hmph" and shook his head as if he was disappointed and chuckling to himself.

"I-Is something wrong?"

Shidou asked in confusion as Kotori kicked his shin, making him cry out in pain "Ah!".

"Everything is wrong! Why are you still putting it in her mailbox?"

"W-Well, if I don't, I can't give it to her right? After all we go to school at different times, so I can't."

"That's the reason?"

Saying so, Kotori took out the lollipop in her mouth and faced Shidou.

"It has been two weeks since Tohka moved next door. Shidou, have you and Tohka ever went to school together? Be honest."

Upon hearing this, Shidou thought about it for a moment, until....

"Now that you've mentioned it..... No, not even once."

Shidou said with an embarrassed expression.

Kotori supported her forehead in disbelief of what she had heard.

"So, you're telling me... that after much difficulty in getting her to stay next door, you still haven't?"

Kotori let out a sigh, before continuing.

"You're classmates, so there is no reason for you to waste the event of you going to school right? After all, if other spirits appear again in the future, they won't pay any attention towards Tohka. So you must take the opportunity to take her out."

Then, when Kotori finished, Shidou let out a groan.

"You have no other choice. So go to school with Tohka understood?"

Kotori said in a commanding tone as Shidou sighed in defeat.

"Understood."

He replied and picked up his bag, walking past Syouji to head towards the door.