Chapter 4

You carefully sat on the stone wall surrounding the park as you watched the sun start to set, Alex by your side.  Your heart was pounding as he adjusted and scooted a bit closer to you, you assumed by accident, and sat back with both his hands on the ledge.  He looked so calm in the moment, his dark features accentuated by the gentle orange glow from the sun.

"I really enjoy watching the sunset," Alex said quietly, not wanting to break the peaceful moment.  You turned you head towards him and he looked at you out of the side of his eye and smiled.  He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply, not breaking his smile.  "This is the best part of the day, the sun is so beautiful and the temperature is just right."

"I don't usually watch the sunset," you decided to be honest with him.  "It's hard to see from my apartment.  Plus I'm usually too busy with homework," you sadly chuckled.  You looked at the sun, almost completely set now, and admired how gorgeous the sky was.  Settling into the breeze, you rested your head on your own shoulder and did what Alex did, closing your eyes and breathing the moment in.

You felt eyes on you and opened yours, snapping your head at Alex before blushing as he saw what you had just done.  His face was serious as he looked at you, before smiling as he laughed a bit.

"We have to do so much damn homework, don't we?" Alex smiled at you.  You felt your heart explode as you thought to yourself 'Oh, damn.  I really like him don't I?'

"Don't worry," he said as he turned his head to look back at the sky once more, "I'll take you to see more sunsets."

As your face heated up in realization of what Alex just said, he hopped off the stone wall and grabbed his backpack.  You followed, and as you started to exit the park, Alex spoke again.

"Welp, guess I'll see ya around, Partner," he nudged you arm jokingly, and you stared at him for a moment before bursting into laughter, all the awkwardness gone.

"See you soon Partner!" You said excitedly, and waved at Alex as you turned away and walked the other direction home.

-------------------

As soon as you got back home and closed the door behind you, you dropped your backpack and almost fell to your knees, your heart beating fast and a hot blush on your face.  You covered your face with your hands and screamed into them, hoping you wouldn't get a noise complaint.  You just couldn't hold it in anymore as the embarrassment swept over you, memories of the day flashing through your mind.

Who knew your History partner would be such a CUTIE?  And even if you DID make it awkward because you thought he was a girl, he still hung out with you- AND technically went on a date with him too!

You stood straight up and shook your head a couple of times.  You needed to push him out of your mind so you could focus on homework.  You decided to take a cold shower to distract you, but even after the shower your mind was completely mush, thoughts of Alex taking over.  You knew you weren't going to get much sleep.  You decided to try and get some homework done, despite knowing that you wouldn't be able to.

-------------

As you hopped into bed, you checked your phone and debated texting Alex that you had a good day with him.  You decided not to since you were only partners for your project, but you really wished he thought of you as more than that.  You decided to text him and asked when he was free next, hoping you could see him as soon as possible.  As you turned off your phone and put it on your bedside table, you sighed to yourself and closed your eyes.  You quickly reopened them as you heard a sing from your phone, immediately checking who it was.

'I'm free tomorrow if you are,' Alex responded, and your heart beat like crazy.  You were starting to respond before he sent another text.

'Also had a nice time with you tonight, Partner ;)'

You nearly died.