Chapter 6

You grabbed your backpack and rushed out the door, mentally slapping yourself.  You were so caught up in Alex being Quackity, you had watched countless of his videos and almost forgot that you were MEETING with him later that day.  You had still managed to get on a cute outfit in time, but you didn't put any makeup on or accessorized as you wished you could have before you knew you had to leave or you'd be late.

Alex had texted you to meet him at the cafe again, so you headed there fast.  It was a few minutes past when you said you'd meet him by, so you were panicking a bit.  You hoped he would wait for you, even if you were late by a couple minutes.  You knew if he did, though, he would make a joke about it.  You wouldn't be able to forgive yourself if you were late to meeting Alex because you were watching his content.

As you got to the cafe, you stoped in your tracks as you scanned every table, inside and out, looking for Alex.  You got nervous when you didn't see him, and with every table full, you were wondering if he left.

You stood there and hung your head a bit, the disappointment in you growing.  You checked your phone to see if he texted you, but nothing.  Maybe yesterday meant nothing to him?  He'd probably be upset when you would message him about the project later.  Maybe he didn't even want to be your partner anymore.

"Hey y/n!" a voice shouted your name, and you turned to see Alex a few feet behind you, his hair a mess underneath his black baseball cap.  He was wearing a white button up this time, and you felt yourself blush as the white suited his dark features.

"Sorry I'm late," he huffed out as he came to stand in front of you, dropping his bag and putting his hands on his knees, catching his breath.  'Alex was the late one?  I thought I was I was late,' you thought to yourself.  You giggled a little bit, and he lifted his head up towards you.

"What's so funny?" he asked in a joking matter.  You smiled down at him.  "Nothing," you giggled again.  He smiled at you as he grabbed his bag and stood back up, eyeing the cafe.

"Looks like it's super crowded today, guess we're gonna have to find a different spot to work, huh?" Alex commented.  You thought of places you guys could go to that were close, but there was really no place where you could work on a project together near by.

"I don't think there's a place to work on the project near by...," you started, still eyeing the busy cafe.

"Welp, you can come by my apartment, that's near by," you heard Alex say.  Your face flushed a deep red as you whipped your head back to face him, a goofy smile on his face.  You opened your mouth to say something but felt yourself stutter.  You closed your mouth and gulped, butterflies going crazy in your stomach and your heart pounding fast.  "Sure....," you managed to get out, still freaking out internally.

"Okay," Alex laughed a bit, "follow me!"