Chapter 14

You sat nervously next to Alex, your face beet red as he opened discord and you could see a few icons in the chat room.  Alex looked over at you, and seeing your general look of being uncomfortable, he placed a hand on your shoulder.  You focussed on his hand for a second and you were relieved, before remembering what was about to happen.

"It'll be okay Y/n.  If you're uncomfortable at any time you can go and sit out on the couch and watch the tv or play some minecraft if you want, that's perfectly fine.  I have my headphones plugged in so only I'll be able to hear everyone else too, though I can always unplug them as well," Alex smiled a caring smile at you, understanding your nerves.  He must have felt this way the first time he streamed or interacted with people he didn't know.  You managed to smile back at him, really appreciating his gesture and words.  You still felt a bit nervous, but that was to be expected.

"Uhm, before we start...," you grab Alex's sleeve, "just who are we streaming with?  I know you mentioned like the 'feral boys' or something, I just don't know who they are.  I really only watch Tommy, and uhm you, anyways...," you looked down as your face heated up in embarrassment.

"Oh, haha," Alex scratched the back of his head, "The feral boys are me, Karl Jacobs, Dream, GeorgeNotFound, and Sapnap.  I don't know if you know all of them, but they might sound familiar.  It'll be okay, I'll just explain our situation so it's not awkward.  Plus I'll introduce you before I start streaming so it's not so weird," he smiled at you.

Alex was going to explain your situation with him?  What was he going to tell them?  Was he going to say you had stayed the night, seen him shirtless and without his beanie, then made out with him only a few minutes before he planned to stream?  Was he going to call you guys friends or something more?  That made you even more nervous than meeting the 'feral boys,' as you realized this might be the insight you needed that told you what Alex thought of you.  What Alex considered your relationship to be.

Alex clicked to join the voice chat and you sat there completely silent as you could hear faint voices through his headphones.  Alex laughed and said hi, asking how everyone was and cracking a joke with someone he called Karl.  Compared to how he acted on stream, he was so much more calm just chatting with his friends.  You felt yourself start to instinctively smile at him, seeing just how much he really valued he friends.

"Oh yeah!," Alex turned towards you and smiled.  Your face dropped and you felt your skin go pale as he looked at you.  This was it.

"Is it okay if my partner y/n joins us for jackbox?  They're helping me on a project for school and are over at my place right now, so I thought it would be a fun idea if we streamed together haha," Alex beamed at you, before turning back to the computer screen, starting up his streaming software and opening jackbox.

Did...did Alex just refer to you as his partner?  You didn't know if he meant partner for the project, like he had been teasing you with the nickname of, or if he meant partner as in significant other.  You pondered this for a bit before you were pulled out of your thoughts by Alex's voice calling your name.

"Y/n!  Are you okay?  I know I suddenly threw that out there, just wanted to make sure you're still wanting to stream with the boys," he smiled at you, his headphones off and full attention on you.  You looked at him, staring straight into his eyes, trying to read what emotion he was conveying.  Just what did Alex think of you?

"Y/n?" Alex said again, looking at you with a puzzled look.  You smiled in response, not caring anymore as the idea of Alex respecting your pronouns and calling streaming with you a fun idea taking over your thoughts.

"Let's do it," you said challengingly.  Alex laughed a bit.

"Alright!" he said, enthusiastically, "How about I unplug my headphones so you can introduce yourself to everyone, then we can get started."