Chapter 8

Y/n's POV:

It's been about two weeks since we all played spin the bottle and I've distanced myself from Cordelia. I stopped taking extra lessons with her at the weekend, I've started talking to the other girls more at dinner. I thought by creating some wall between Cordelia and I, that it would remove the crush I had on her but it hasn't. Every time she walks into a room, my palms go sweaty and I feel all panicky as if her opinion is the only one that matters. When I lay in bed at night, I hug my blanket as if it's her. She has quite literally taken over my mind. She would never feel the same though. So distance is easier. I've also moved away from her in lessons and just gone that extra mile to have someone with me when she's in the room so I don't get caught in a conversation with her.

I woke up about 7am and the lights are shining through the gaps in my curtains, the light also bouncing off my paper white room causing me to groan due to my sensitive eyes. The smell of freshly cut grass wavers through the open window and the sound of cars constantly driving past causes a small rumble to be heard. I snuggle closer into my blanket and just lay there, being grateful for the comfort before having to leave it in minutes. After about 10 minutes of day dreaming, my mind actually gets me up. I have a shower, blow dry my frizzy hair out and pull it into a messy bun. I throw on my mom jeans and a baggy hoodie then make my way downstairs to grab some food. I look like a train wreck. The kitchen is practically empty for food, grocery shopping really needs to be done. I put two slices of bread in the toaster and sing to myself while waiting for it to cook. The toast pops up and scares the living shit out of me as I was daydreaming. "Fuck" I whisper under my breath and suddenly hear a giggle behind me. Of course it was Delia, the last person I would want to see. Well actually the first person, but still the last I tell myself. "Really got scared of some toast, didn't you?" she laughed. Her laugh was addictive, I could not help but laugh too. She had a smile too that was contagious, making everyone else smile with her. She was like the sun setting, over a still ocean. "Penny for thoughts?" she whispered slightly. "Oh, sorry I just zoned out for a second" I stated whilst buttering my toast. "Can we talk?" she questioned quietly as if she was scared of me. "Yep, give me one second" I replied bluntly, trying not to get too caught in a conversation because I know I would just fall deeper. And everything that falls, gets broken.

I sat down in front of the kitchen counter next to Delia. Her coffee in one hand and her other hand twirling her spoon in her bowl of cereal nervously. "Um, you seem quite distant with me lately sweetheart. Is everything okay?" she asked timidly. "Yeah everything is good, you okay?" I asked then crunched on some of my toast. A small hum left my mouth as I savoured the first bite of buttery toast. The realisation of the noise hit and the blood rushed to my face, definitely causing me to look like a deep red shade of lipstick. "Yeah I'm good thanks. Have I done anything wrong?" she questioned whilst staring into my eyes, almost as if she was looking for the lies. "No you haven't, I just I don't know" I whispered back, I'm really not good with words, my eyes flickering around the room, avoiding everywhere but her face. "Y/n..." she mumbled. I glanced back to her eyes and I couldn't lie. I couldn't make her feel guilty for no reason. My whole body begging for her touch, just to smell her and hold her. "I- It's not you. It's me. I just. I like you and I know you wouldn't like me back like that. I don't want to get myself hurt and so I've distanced myself. That sounded so clique." I blurted out, she stared into my eyes again looking for a lie, but there was none. It was all honesty. She sat there speechless. I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes, as I sat there motionless staring off at the counter as if someone had died. Well part of me had died. "It's okay Dee, you don't have to say anything or feel sorry for me. I'll get over it, I'll-" and just as I was going to carry on speaking she pushed my jaw to face her. "What are you-" she stopped my words and pushed her lips onto mine. My whole body tensing but then melting to her touch. Her left hand brushing a few stray hairs out of my face as our lips still moved together and our tongues danced together. One of my hands moved to her waist, while my other hand brushed along the back of her neck to her hair. Brushing my fingers through her golden locks. We both pulled away for air and she looked me right in the eyes once again. Those dark brown oak eyes. "I like you too" she whispered gently whilst placing her forehead onto mine. I felt like screaming excitedly like a child. My hands looped back round her waist, whilst I held her in my embrace. "Let's just take it slow" I whispered into her ear. She hummed in approval whilst hugging me back stood next to the kitchen counter. I guess not all things that fall, do get broken, if they have a soft landing.

// I didn't forget about this story for a week guys btw, I was just getting used to be being back at school. That shit is exhausting, periodT. I would've wrote stuff yesterday but I was legit napping all day so here's a Sunday update lol \\

also suggestions would be very nice to get, cos i'm having writers block lmao!!