Part 1

Author's note: hello, you! This is a bit different than what I usually write. This is my first time writing fanfiction, but if I'm pointing fingers, tiktok made me do it. Now, this story takes place outside the world of Marvel. Take it more as a shifting place rather than "this happened in between these two films" sort of thing.
With that being said, I hope this takes off well! Leave comments, like, share, anything helps! Enjoy the story (:

Also, the main character's name is Ayca, pronounced Ace-uh, with a soft 'c' and the second 'a' like the end of the name 'Laura'. (:

————————————————————————-

"I just can't win with you, can I?" I scream, turning on my heals while my hair whips across my face. My eyes are shiny with tears and my eyebrows are scowled so far down it's giving me a headache.

This fight with Benny will be the last. I'm so tired of his shit and I can't take it anymore. I can't be controlled, manipulated, and gaslighted anymore.

"I never said you can't win!" He argues back, his voice booming through the room.

"Why does it always have to be a battle? I just want to say 'no' to you for once but you just won't let me!" I gasp for air, the knot in my throat tugging at my words.

"You can say no to me, Ayça. But I'm going to tell you how it makes me feel!"

Fucking hell, what an asshole. I look down at my shoes, chewing on my lip so hard it starts to bleed. I should have bought more chapstick.

"Benny?" I ask softly, still avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah, babe?" He says, matching my quite tone.

Fuck off, don't switch to the good cop after all that. I ball my fists and finally make eye contact. I can see that tears had been gushing down his face since I looked away. Good. I want him to hurt as much as I hurt.

"Fuck you." I say, gritting my teeth. I stomp past him, hitting his side with mine as I rush up the stairs to start packing my stuff. I call my sister and put it on speaker so Benny can hear our conversation. She answers quickly.

"Hey!"

"Order pizza for us, will you? I'm moving in." I snarl as I cram my shoes into a duffel bag that I had flipped onto the bed. Benny hasn't come upstairs, so I figure he's not coming at all. He's actually going to let me go.

"So you did it?" My sister asks, sounding relieved.

"Yes. And as soon as I shove all my bathroom shit into a bag, I'm never setting foot in this house again."

—————————————————————————

It only takes about two and a half hours to get back into the city from where Benny and I used to live. The drive was nice coming from upstate New York. By this time, everything had bloomed and it was drive-with-the-windows-down kind of weather. I mostly listened to my "fuck you" playlist, but at some points I needed a break to just let go and cry.

I had stopped for an iced coffee 15 minutes before my sister, Beth's, apartment. I figure iced coffee is always an adequate house warming gift. Like ah yes, the gift of shakiness and shitting your pants.

I park on the side street to avoid the parking meters and buzz her door number. Her voice is a static through the old speaker.

"Ayça, that you?" She asks, the quality cracking.

"Yeah, it's me. Could you help me with my stuff?" I realize I have at least three very full bags in my trunk. I'm not even sure what's in them anymore. I wasn't particularly organized when I threw it all together.

"Oh, for sure, I'll be right down."

I lean against the railing a few steps down from the front door to the building. The breeze carries the scent of city musk, a McDonald's close by, and car fumes from all over. Damn, I need a shower.

I look around while I wait for my sister to get down here. I turn around and, not too far off into the distance, I see the STARK Tower. 'Huh, no kidding. I wonder if she's ever seen him.' I think to myself, just as the front doors open and I'm greeted by a hit to the chest from my sister's hug. She squeals into my shoulder, seeing as she's a few inches shorter then me, and I chuckle at her excitement. What a relief to finally be here with her. I give her a squeeze and say, "Come on, car's this way."