The Other Side

{Adding some romance. Tell me wat you guys think.}

I sat in my car for awhile and then finally got out, not able to stay in one spot anymore. The cold air gripped at me tightly. I walked around for awhile trying to warm up. My chest felt unnaturally tight and cold. After an hour of walking around I went back to my car. I stood in front of the door as I started to feel cold icicles move down my cheeks. Great. Now I was crying over a guy. I laughed at myself and began to think of what Dad would say to me when I felt warmth immediately envelope me. I turned to find Len standing dangerously close. I panicked and backed all the way up to my truck. My back touched the cold rusty surface and I gasped. Len stayed put. It felt like his piercing green eyes were burning a hole through me. I tried to speak but instead just stood there with my mouth hanging open and staring back. I gripped the truck for support as Len took a step forward.

My breath got ripped out of me as He rested a hand on my waist, "Do you know how long I've been waiting to do this." He didn't say it like a question so I didn't answer. He wiped my lingering tears away and licked them off of his finger. I couldn't move. I was frozen in place unable to breath or move a muscle. Len shuffled forward and our bodies were touching. He reached a hand up and cupped my cheek. His hands were rough and calloused but lit a fire on my skin. His lips brushed against mine and I froze. Len must've felt it because he leaned back and looked in my eyes. He gave me a questioning look. I couldn't speak but I nodded saying I was fine. He leaned forward again and kissed my lips tenderly. I did the same back learning quickly. He pressed his lips to mine one more time roughly before walking away into the darkness taking the heat with him. I was left standing up against my car with swollen lips.