Another Daily Routine

I woke up to my own personal alarm: my parents screaming at me to "GET MY LAZY ASS UP!" It sucked. I threw a pillow at where it sounded like they were lurking and then ran downstairs to the bathroom. I may not like the rude awakening but they were right. I definately don't want to be late. My boss doesn't mind when I'm late because he takes pity on me.

I'm the girl whose parents died when she was only eleven. Who got abused by her own loved ones until that age. Who he found after the frantic 911 call i made after my mother was killed and my father shot himself. Now they were supposed to be in hell for all the terrible things they had done but no. I'm in hell for it. And that sucks too.

I grabbed a towel and hung it over the sink. I turned the shower on full blast, steaming hot water and waited a minute for it to warm up. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to remember my parents faces. I could see my mom in my lips and bright green eyes. My dad in my strong jaw and dark black roots. I dye my hair a lot and right now it just so happened to be an electric blue.

I started to undress when i could feel the steam carrying over the shower curtain. I threw my clothes on the floor in a crumpled heap and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water wash away all of my worries and pretended just for a moment that I was a normal sixteen year old going to parties and making out with guys. I have never even kissed a guy.

You see people give me sympothy but it stops there. They don't talk to me, don't make eye contact, and most certainly do not invite me over for anything. I think they're scared of me because my parents' backround and honastly, I don't blame them. I'd be intimidated too.

I washed myself and then just stood in the rain coming down from the shower head until it started to get cold. When it did I squezzed my hair out and wrapped up in the towel. I kicked my clothes toward the lungary hamper and ra nback up to my room. I dried off and grabbed my black skinny jeans, Nine Inch Nails tee and some studded combat boots before getting dressed. I then put on my raccoon eyes and leather jacket before running downstairs and out the door.

I jumped in my beat up truck and cranked the heat. I love fall because of Halloween but I hate the temperature. I got my striped gloves out of my bag and pulled them on before putting the dinosaur into gear and pulling out of the driveway and driving to school. I taught myself to drive and made a fake liscense just so I could avoid more stares. Thanks Mom and Dad! I mentally flipped them off and almost hit a dear because I was so distracted.

*************

I pulled into the school's parking lot right as the bell rang for first period to begin. I would've preferred my scream alarm on time if at all. I sighed and grabbed my bag before slamming my truck door and walking around the building. I'm already late. Might as well just skip first hour. I walked into the woods and drew my sketch book and charcol out of my secret pouch before sitting down on my stump. I looked around for something to spike my inspiration levels. After about ten minutes of nothing I popped in my earbuds hoping that would help.

Well it turns out, that just made it worse. I gave up and threw my book back into my bag making an earbud fall out. Luckily I was able to hear the twig snap and whipped around with my boot-knife in hand. I met a pair of brown-almost black eyes and a bead of red on some ones nose drawn by my knife. He looked scared and rose his hands in utter defeat. I took a step back giving him some room which only made me trip over my stump. My bag fell, dumping out all of my books onto the pine needle littered forest floor. The guy stepped forward and reached his hand down. Instinctively I grabbed it and bent it awkwardly behind him. He yelped in pain and cried. "I was only trying to help you! Please don't kill me!"

I laughed an evil laugh and bent his arm a little more. "What's your name?" I questioned.

"Benn! My name's Benn!"

"Well you see Benn, if you ever touch me or even glance at me again you will end up at my house barried beneath six feet of concrete breathing for air through a tube and I will be the one to block the tube. Do I make myself clear?" he nodded his head. "Good." I twisted his arm the rest of ther way until I heard a snap and Benn collapsed on the ground in shouts of pain. "If you tell anyone you won't be having any children." And with that I collected my books and headed off to second hour.