Needles and Ink

I skipped school deciding I didn't want to hear to Benn's, now ex, girlfriend cry about how she didn't understand and wants him back. Everyone is going crazy about him being missing. Now it has been two days sence his party. Plus I was way to excited to sit down and listen to a stupid teacher lecture. I waited around the house just bouncing from room to room and even cleaned up a little bit. Every time there was a little noise similar to my phon I'd freak out. I finally just went to my room and did some online shopping. I use Tate's address so they don't come here. He doesn't mind but he usually always goes through the boxes before I open them. He says he knows I do dirty stuff so now he's trying to bust me on it. I actually ordered a bunch of thongs once just to see what he said. He came to me at work the next day walking funny. He said, "How the hell do girls wear those things? I feel like I have a hair in my ass crack!" I laughed my ass off and told him to take it off before someone comes in the shop and that I didn't actually wear thongs. He looked at me dumbfounded and then angry. That made me laugh even harder. I went and got him a pair of boxers we sell and threw them at him. He caught them one handed as he undid his belt and walked towards one of the dressing rooms.

Thinking back on the memory I almost didn't hear my phone actually ring. I jumped up from my seat, practically kicking the chair across the room. I answered the phone quickly and pretty much yelled into the speaker. 

"IS IT DONE YET?! CAN I GET MY INK NOW?!" I could picture Len holding the phone a couple inches away from his ear while he laughed. After I was done he calmly said, "it's time and drive safe." I screamed in delight and ran downstairs before realising I was still in my pjs. I ran back up and changed into something that probably didn't even match but had a low back. I ran back downstairs and hopped into my truck and drove off. It was still pretty early in the morning and school was in so the roads weren't too bad. 

When I got there I ran inside to the lady at the desk and told her I was with Len.  She nodded me onward after giving me a weird look. I finally looked down at what I was wearing and laughed. I was wearin gmy rainbow skinny jeans that I said I would never wear again because Tate told me I looked like a clown and a purple t-shirt that swooped far down in the back. After mentally slapping myself for not paying attention I ran to Len's office. He had the chair in a weird position to were when I sat down my chest would be pressed against it so he could work on my back. I got a couple hair ties from my wrist and pulled my hair up so it would be out of his way. He took the paper with blue ink on it and pressed it against my back. He then led me to a mirror so I could see what It would look like. I nodded my head crazily before sitting down again. he got a  bunch of needle tips in a row and little caps I assumed were the colors. He only had three out. I hugged the chair bracing myself for the buzzing. He turned the gun on and dipped it in one of the caps. 

When he touched my skin it felt like nails clawing at my back. I could feel my nerves popping but I didn't care. I felt like I could finally have a little freedom from my parents. I chose this tattoo for myself. They didn't tell me what tattoo to get and where. I got to choose that. I froze so I wouldn't mess Len up but got out my phone so I could do something.

10 hours and 100 games of solitare later I was done. Len wiped my skin one last time and  the clawing stopped. He got some gauze to wrap around it and led me to the mirror. It was beautiful. My forlorne wings. I almost cried at the beauty. Len wrapped it and then told me my tattoo was one of a kind. I smiled and told him I'd be back for more. He laughed and said he knew I would say that some day but thought it'd be for a different reason. I didn't think but gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving. My face turned bright red as I sat in my car. What did I do?