Black Heart

I ran. That was the only thing I cold think to do.

Cold air filled my lungs and my legs burned. My feet slapped against the pavement and my long hair blew in the wind, tangling around my face and behind me.

I knew where I was headed. Where else would I go? The one person, besides Tate, that I can be close to. Len.

I had only been to his house once, with Tate, but I remember the way. He wasn't to far from me actually.

I ran all the way to his house and up to his apartment door. I didn't even bother knocking, but barged right in.

The place was dark. Not only dark as in night but everything was red or black. Len was lying on the couch and immediately sat upright when he heard the door smack against the wall.

His eyes were bloodshot and he looked confused.

"Rhyan? Are you okay?" He stood up and walked towards me cautiously, as if I was a wild animal.

My thoughts and anger flew out the door once he was standing in front of me. His hair was sticking up like crazy and he was only wearing a pair of dark jeans that hung low in his waist. Concern was plastered all over his face. He wrapped his long arms around me, suddenly, holding me close.

I nodded slowly, trying to figure out why I was so angry moments ago. Soft lips pecked my neck and jolts if electricity went through my body. My legs felt like jelly so I leaned on him for support. I felt him smiled as he took my hand and led me to the couch.

He held up one finger and left for a minute. He came back with a glass of water and handed it to me. I took it eagerly and chugged it, tired from running, the. Sat it down in the black table. Len smirked evilly and my mind raced to put two and two together.

It clicked as dark splotches began to cover my vision and my body felt numb. HE FUCKING DRUGGED ME?!? Why would he do that!?! I stop up and forced my legs to move, trying to get away but the darkness covering my vision was getting bigger. I stumbled towards the door and tried to cry for help but my mouth wouldn't listen to my commands. I swayed but warm hands wrapped around me and hoisted me up over the deceiver's shoulder before I could hit the ground.

Sharp springs dug into my back and it smelled like dirty mop water mixed with the sting of lemons. I tried I sit up but I was restricted. When I opened my eyes I saw my hands were bound with rough rope. I tugged at it but they wouldn't budge. I looked around, taking in my surroundings and almost burst into tears.

I was in the room from my dream. On the bed from my dream. The bed that Alessa was raped on.

Len brought me here. It all made perfect sense. He fit the image of the shadow from my dream.

So these are the people I choose to love.

Len taped Alessa and my father tortured her.