Seeing Red

School went by slower than anything I've ever had to endure! The only fun part was making scary faces at Benn's recent 'girlfriend'. He usually just dates people who his buddies dare him to, reels them in, uses them, eats their souls, an then discards them like last weeks newspaper, but this one's different. She's the captain of the chearleading squad. She's already been 'used' but apparently her soul is still adible.

Now usually I'd give a guy points for taking down the whole preppy chearleading squad and all of the other trashy girls but he hurt someone close to me so now it's hell.

After school I returned home to get ready for work. My parents weren't to be seen but definitely were there. It was freaking 50 Degrees while I changed!

After I got on my disgusting costume of the day I grabbed my keys and left. Luckily I got an awesome job at a year round Halloween shop but there was a down side. My boss was a pervert. All of the employees have to wear some merchandise and all they sell are slutty costumes. And even better, I'm the only girl!

I drive the short ride there and get out. The gold air hits my thighs and I shiver. Today I am a creepy version of Alice In Wonderland. I was wearing stripped thigh-highs and a short blue and white dress with blood splatters and a meat cleaver sticking out of my waistbelt.

I ran to the door crossing my fingers that I was the only one working today. It wasn't even worth it though cuz I already knew Tate was working. Luckily he was one of the only people I have ever alowed myself to get close to.

I walked through the door and was greeted with a whistle. Looks like Tate braought his buddy. I replied with doing a full spin and then walking to the counter. Tate was wearing his average face peircings and a Mad Hatter hat. His buddy Len was also wearing his normal attire except he was sporting a new tattoo around his eye. He was leaning on the counter casually while not even attempting to hide the fact he was totally checking me out.

"So Mad Tate, did you decide to copy me today?" I laughed.

He shrugged and joked, "Well my first choice was to be Alice today but I couldn't find one in my size. It looks better on you anyways."

Len whistled again, "I'm glad I saw it on you before him because I might have thrown up! Do you know how hairy this guy is?" Tate punched him in the arm as I sat my stuff down and started getting my register ready.

"So wattaya think of my new tat?" he pointed to the fake scar curling around his eye.

"I honestly think it's ridiculous," I tell him.

"Whatever! At least I have the balls to get one! When are you gonna get your lazy ass to the shop and get some ink?" he growled back.

"I told ya Len, I have a problem with the signature and bein underage..." he shook his head and laughed.

"I'm takin you to go get a tat. When does your shift end?" I laughed and looked at the chart.

"I still have awhile Len. I just go here. Plus I need the money."

"Fine but one of these days I will find you!" he tried looking intimidating but failed miserably. I just laughed and pretended to look scared. He finally walked out the door but not before telling me how good I looked first. Tate gave him a disapproving look as he walked out the door. The bell singed and I turned to the empty shop thinking. Maybe I will get a tattoo...

My parents can't say crap anymore.

Why not.