-I-

"Hey you!"

The little brunette, caught the raven stealing three apples. They were hidden in the thin cloth under her coat slyly. It appeared as though she has done this many times before.

"You need to pay for it." She whispered to her, so the salesman won't notice her deed. The brunette's father was talking with him at the moment.

"Nah." The raven shrugged and walked away without minding the other girl.

"Wait!" She said and followed her close. "Theft is a crime!" As soon as she reached her she gripped the material of her coat to stop her.

The raven tilted her face to the slightly smaller girl. "Having no choice left but to steal should be a crime..." She glanced at her from the corners of her eyes.

In response she earned a smile.

"There is no need to steal in this kingdom. Everyone can obtain an occupation from which you earn more than enough money to cover your needs but a five year old like you, has no reason to worry about such things. Ask your parents to pay for it."

The other girl furrowed her eyebrows. "You call me five when you look like two?" She laughed in amusement. "You must be talking about a dreamland and not our kingdom."

The little girl stomped her feet. "I'm six you meanie!" She whined loudly, tugging on her coat tighter.

The raven haired girl patted her head with a smug face. "I'm seven, so I'm older than you baby."

The brunette pouted and gave the girl a shove in her shoulder. She stumbled a few steps backwards and kept laughing.

The other girl rolled her eyes. "Forget it! More importantly my father tells me our kingdom can be a dreamland."

"Well, then he must be a dreamer." She took out an apple from her coat and bit on it. "And that's something I can't allow myself to be." She swallowed the bit down.

"Why not?" The brunette asked with puppy eyes so innocent the raven just wants to keep her mouth shut.

"Because... Never mind. You are right, I should pay for this." She gave the younger an apple. "I'll ask my parents for money right away."

The small girl smiled and took the red apple. "Thank you."

"It's fine, little one."

"Like you are so much bigger than me!"

"Is that any way you should speak with your elders?"

The brunette tackled the raven playfully with a grin and the apples reached the ground as the younger fell on top of the raven.

"Sigh, such a kid."

The brunette looked regretful. She didn't mean to waste food. "I'm sorry..." Her eyes glistened with tears.

The raven had no idea the small girl would cry over something like this. She didn't mean to make her cry. Therefore she raised her hand and wiped her tears away with the sleeve of her coat.

"Are you hurt?" She asked slightly concerned.

The younger shook her head sadly.

"Then why are you sad?"

"Because I wasted your apples just when you wanted to pay for them..."

The raven chuckled. "Do you throw food away when it touches the ground? I can wash them anytime and it's still much better than what the garbage bin has to offer."