-XXXIV- [Epilogue II]

Jennie and Jisoo had come a long way since their first encounter. They faced countless challenges, experienced many adventures and formed an unbreakable bond. Now, after a decade of journeys, they settled down in a small village, a place far from prying eyes.

They rode on Trojan's saddle once more, he carried them through a lush forest. It was one sunny morning, so they decided to venture beyond the village to a nearby river and catch fish.

The sunlight danced on the glistening water, illuminating the surrounding trees. They unloaded their fishing gear from Trojan's bag at a quiet spot they found.

Jennie held her fishing rod, then extended her arms backward to swing the rod forward. The bait consisted of worms, it landed gently in the water without making loud splashes.

Meanwhile Jisoo rolled up her sleeves and crouched at the water's edge. She carefully scanned the shallows, searching for any signs of fish lingering near the riverbank. Hand-fishing is something she had always done, she tried fishing with the rod like Jennie when Lisa introduced it to them but she wasn't fond of it.

"Jisoo, watch and learn. This time I'm going to catch the biggest fish this river has ever seen." She tilted her head towards her, her orange hair flipping.

"Oh, really?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Ever since you have this weird rod, you are getting overconfident."

Jennie rolled her eyes, reeling in her line and readjusting her bait. "I'll have you know, Miss 'I-Can-Catch-Fish-With-My-Bare-Hands,' my fishing skills are top-notch, the confidence is justified."

"Of course, my apologies, Queen of the Fishermen. I shouldn't have underestimated you." Jisoo chuckled, keeping an eye on the water for any signs of fish.

Jennie's line suddenly tugged, and she felt a jolt of excitement. With a victorious grin, she turned to Jisoo.

"Ha! Looks like I've got one on the line! Brace yourself, Chu! Because I'm about to prove who the true fishing expert is here!" She grinned cheekily, reeling the fish.

However, she felt a much too powerful tug on her fishing line. What initially started as a controlled battle quickly escalated into a struggle. The possibly monstrous fish fought with incredible strength, pulling hard against the fishing rod.

Struggling to maintain her balance, Jennie's feet slipped on the riverbank, and her attempts to reel in the fish became a losing battle. The tables turned and now she found herself being dragged along the riverbank by the possibly monstrous fish.

With a startled gasp, Jennie's feet slipped, she was pulled into the water, her body skimming the surface as she desperately clung to the fishing rod. She refused to let go of the rod, despite the force of the fish's resistance. She was dragged through the water, her body tossed and turned like a ragdoll in the sea.

Jisoo's heart raced with concern as she watched Jennie being pulled farther away. Without a moment's hesitation, she called out to her, her voice filled with urgency. "Jennie! What are you doing? Let go!"

"N-No way! I-I got this-- Aah!" Jennie squealed when the fish got faster.

Realising the danger Jennie was in, Jisoo sprang into action. She plunged deeper into the sea, determined to rescue her partner. She grabbed hold of her waist, trying to provide support. But the water was too deep, neither of them could find solid footing.

They heard a splash behind them as Trojan joined them, gripping the rod with his teeth. Both of them climbed on his saddle while he didn't let go of the rod. It was momentarily stopped by him but then it kept going pulling them along. Eventually the fishing line snapped.