-XXII-

Jennie's conversation with General June was intense with strategic planning. As they discussed the details of their upcoming actions, Jennie's stomach growled audibly, a reminder that she skipped both breakfast and lunch in her fervor to coordinate their efforts.

General June noticed her hunger and suggested they take a break. Together, they went to one of the newly built kitchen rooms of the castle that was still under construction.

Jennie's eyes landed on a plate of sandwiches covered in foil. A smile tugged on her lips, knowing exactly who prepared them.

"Ah, these must be from Jisoo," She remarked with fondness. "She has a knack for making sandwiches the way I love them."

General June looked at her curiously. "Who is Jisoo?" He inquired, unfamiliar with the name.

Jennie took a bite of the sandwich. After swallowing the bite, she explained.

"Jisoo is my loyal companion and a dear friend. She has been by my side since the castle was attacked. Her presence is invaluable to me."

She continued munching on the sandwich, her hunger gradually subsiding as she enjoyed the simple meal. The General seemed surprised that she was happy with a plain sandwich but didn't note it, believing the life on the run made her tougher.

"She's actually a thief by trade but you can't arrest her, because she's a good person." Jennie added, her words laced with admiration. "I trust her with my life. I was taken good care of by her."

General June nodded, understanding the significance of Jisoo's role in Jennie's life. As they finished their sandwiches, the general suggested that they return to their discussions.

•••••

Chaeyoung was busy sharing her knowledge and expertise with the villagers, teaching them essential medical skills. In a small gathering in her tent, she demonstrated the use of a combination of herbs for treating burns. The women listened attentively, eager to learn and grateful for Chaeyoung's guidance.

Meanwhile, Lisa had been fully engrossed in her inventing endeavours, working tirelessly to create innovative solutions to aid their cause. Her mind was a whirlwind of ideas and possibilities, and she often lost track of time as she immersed herself in her projects.

Just as Chaeyoung was finishing her demonstration, a group of construction workers hurriedly carried Lisa into her tent, their faces etched with concern.

"What happened?" Chaeyoung asked as she assessed Lisa's condition. She noticed a cut on Lisa's arm, along with a few bruises and scrapes.

"She fell from a ladder while carrying a load of lumber," One of the workers explained. "We tried to bandage her up as best we could, but we thought it would be best if you took a look."

"You really need to be more careful, Lisa," Chaeyoung scolded. "You can't just go rushing into things without thinking. Look at what happened."

Lisa winced as Chaeyoung cleaned a particularly tender spot. "Ouch! Can't you be a bit gentler?"

Chaeyoung shot Lisa a pointed look. "I would be gentler if you were more careful in the first place."

Afterwards the redhead wielded the antiseptic more aggressively by the second. Lisa winced and tried to pull away but Chaeyoung's firm grip kept her in place.

"Ow! Honey, have mercy!" Lisa whined.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you prefer delicate treatment. Maybe I should fetch a feather and tickle your wounds instead."

"I'm just saying, a little less aggression wouldn't hurt. You're not a sadist, you know." Lisa huffed indignantly.

Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, her tone laced with mock seriousness. "I'm a sadist? Is that what you think of me, Lisa?"