-II-

tw//harassment
tw//violence

______

The two girls and the horse rode the whole night, only taking small breaks for Trojan to rest at rivers and drink water. Somewhere along the line the princess drifted off to sleep, lying securely against Jisoo's chest as the raven wrapped an arm around her waist.

When she was sleeping she is less annoying, the thief thought. And more cute, almost like a baby. She quickly brushed those thoughts off, a spoiled baby, perhaps. She laughed to herself.

After a few more hours the sun already made its way past a cloud and greeted Jisoo with rays of warm sunlight. Slowly the princess started shifting in her spot and rubbed her eyes with one hand. A quiet groan escaped her lips, giving the thief goosebumps. Once she opened her eyes and adjusted to the light she realized where she was or where she wasn't and instantly leaned forward, away from Jisoo's soft chest.

She cleared her throat with tainted cheeks. "Good morning majestic creature."

Jisoo's lips formed a mischievous smile. "Did the princess, just wish me a good morning and called me a majestic creature? It certainly is going to be a good morning now if it wasn't one before."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "I wasn't talking to you." She leaned her head on Trojan's back and brushed his mane with her fingers. "I was talking to this one but yeah a good morning to you too, I guess."

Jisoo hit her chest with a fist where her heart was supposed to be. "Your words went right here, princess." She pointed dramatically to her pierced chest.

"Are we there yet?" The brunette sighed, ignoring the thief's playful antics. She just wanted to know what happened in the capital and if everyone was still alive.

"Patience," Jisoo uttered. "It's not a long way anymore. Besides Trojan seems very exhausted from carrying all of the gold and jewels. We should take a break soon."

Jennie raised her eyebrows. "Gold and jewels? You mean those bags? Where did you get so much from?"

"Stolen from the men who stole you. I initially only wanted the gold but life decided to give me a princess too. Funny right?" No one except Jisoo laughed. "What?"

"You can't just steal if you feel like it." Jennie crossed her arms with a pout. "That's not right."

Jisoo felt an oddly familiar feeling but decided not to pay it any attention. "I don't steal because I feel like it. I do it to survive. As you now know there is a war in our country and the poverty keeps rising. Stealing really is nothing compared to what other people do."

Jennie frowned. It couldn't be that bad, could it?

"Let's take a break now." Jisoo stated and jumped of the saddle as Trojan stopped moving. Jennie looked down at Jisoo. She had no idea how to get off. Jumping? She might hurt herself since she is a very clumsy person.

Her thoughts were cut off the moment Jisoo lifted her hand, reaching for Jennie. "You want to stay there or come down?"

Without wasting more time she placed her hand inside Jisoo's and took a step down while Jisoo steadied her hips with her other hand gently. Jennie was used to chivalry all around, it left her unfazed. Everyone treated her like a fragile piece of glass anyway. So when Jisoo abruptly let go of her as she reached the ground she was beyond surprised. Jennie stood there still.

Jisoo took the bags of gold to give Trojan space as he ate grass. She turned her face to Jennie when she noticed her unusual silence.

"What's wrong, princess?"