Chapter 8: I'm just too scared...

I'm really sorry I didn't upload any of my stories for months. So I finally upload this chapter. Terribly sorry! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8: I'm just too scared...

Lyssa's P.O.V.

"Lyss..." I heard him called me.

"What do you want?" I asked and used the pillow which was next to me to cover my face. I didn't want him to see my tears which was still flowing and might have stained the pillow.

"Why did you ran away? Everyone is worried." 

"I was just...tired. You can go back to the party and join them if you want." I didn't want to ruin his mood just because mine was ruined. I used my other free hand to pull the covers up to my chest. "And besides, I changed my clothes already so I can't go back." I told him.

"I see that. That would be a pity though." and I heard him sigh. I moved away the pillow and sat up. By that time my tears were already wiped away by the pillow so he didn't see my tears. 

"Why?" I asked him. I was curious.

''I was about to bring you somewhere after the party but. Oh well.'' he shrugged and lay down on the bed. That was it? I slapped him on the back and pretended to give him an angry look.

''Bring me there now. I'll change.''

''Nah, you can come in your casual clothes too.'' he stood up and brushed his clothes. ''Let's go, Cinderella.'' he held out a hand. No way I was going to take it. I stood up by myself and walk to the door. I opened it with my room key and waited for him to show me the way.

I followed him to the back of the resort. There was a path lit with yellow and white lights. It was pretty. And then the path led to a hidden garden behind the resort. It was decorated. He must have decorated it since I didn't see it when I arrived the resort.

''A shooting star always appear on the night of Kathe's bitrthday. And so if you want to make a wish, you can make it tonight. And it'll get cold soon so I bought blankets too.'' he said and sat down on the grass. I sat down next to him and looked at the stars. I didn't see any shooting stars yet.

''You got to be patient. Count to five and look again.'' I closed my eyes, inhaled deeply and exhaled. 

''One...two...three...four...five.'' I opened my eyes again and I saw something bright shoot accross the sky. It was a shooting star! I quickly made my wish. I looked at Hyle. He must have made his wish 'cause he asked me the same thing. 

''Yeah, I'm done.'' I said those words and instantly a strong breeze blew and my hair got messed up. I stood up and opened my arms. It was so enjoying. I could feel the cold air blowing against my shorts and tee. My hair was all over my face. Hyle came next to me and held out his hand like mine. 

''I love this wind!!!'' I shouted.

''I love it too!!!'' I heard Hyle shouted. We laughed and finally we lay down on the grass looking up to the sky. It was filled with stars that night. No clouds at all. It was beautiful. 

''Why did you cry just now?'' I tensed up. He saw me cry? I didn't want to admit it...I'm too scared...

''Lyss...you okay? You look pale...as if you're scared or you seen a ghost...you okay?'' I wasn't. I was too scared...what was I supposed to do? I stood up and straightened my clothes. ''I just...felt like crying...that's all...'' That was so stupid. 

He stood up and came to me. He looked into my eyes and search for something...as if he was trying to search for the truth...as if he had seen through the real me. ''Why did you felt like crying?''

''I just felt like it. Can't I? I was just jealous that she has so many friends. That's all.'' I turned to run but I ended up turning and hitting something which I can't see and fell. I fell and hit my head. It started to bleed and my vision blurred. I heard some noises but soon everything faded away...