His Personal Maid/Girlfriend Chapter 12: The Test

Chapter 12: The Test

I saw Tera ran out and I fell onto the ground. I totally ruined a girl's life. I was no better than Tera. I had to find her. I stood up and was about to chase after Tera but Hyle grabbed me by the arm. 

''Where are you going?'' he asked me, his eyes looking into mine as if he saw what I had done which brought back the guilt. 

''I need to find Tera.'' I told him.

''I'll come with you.'' he said. 

''No, you can't. It's between me and her.'' 

''Which makes it more dangerous since you totally ruined her and you're extremely dangerous.'' he tried to hide his smile and replaced it with a serious look. 

''Fine, fine.'' I said and ran. I threw my pom-poms on the floor and gave Selina a nod. She knew what I was trying to tell her. She took my stuff and leaded the others to my room where we always talked. But first things first. Tera.

I found Tera crying under the stairs with her face buried in her hands. There was a picture of a lady in a blue dress next to her. I told Hyle to wait in a distance while I went up to her. 

''Sorry, Tera. I didn't know this whole school is your life. I didn't mean to steal all your popularity.'' I said but she didn't look up but she did stop crying. I sat next to her and she looked at me. But for the first time, her expression was just filled with happiness.

''Thanks for telling me that. You're the first person who dared to treat me like a normal student and not some teenage prom queen. Actually, I'm not all that mean, I just wanted to test you. And I'm sorry for going overboard.''

''Wait, that was a test? I thought you really hated me?''

''Nah. I don't have real friends, you see. And all of them are either scared to be friends with me because my dad owns this school and all or some just want popularity so they suck up to me. That day, the first time I looked at you, you were all happy and innocent and you even hang out with boys which is so cool. You're different. And I wanted to see if I was right so I put you to the test.''

I thought I was going to pass out with all the revelation but I just sat there with my mouth open. ''Really? So you're not this bitchy, mean slut?''

''Nope. I'm pretty nice to everyone who doesn't piss me off. And...it's about time I changed into my pants. I hate skirts.''

''Really? Cool. But then, are you good at cheerleading?'' 

''I'm good. But as the former head cheerleader, I advice you to be strict. Those girls are slacking.'' she said. I looked at the picture next to her again and I think she caught me staring.

''That's my mom. She died last year while sending my twin brother to the airport. But she didn't survive. My brother did though, don't worry. He's studying in some all boy's school. So I don't get to see him that often even though I have some ideas how he might look like.'' 

I heard someone fell and I turned to my left. Hyle fell out of the bushes. He was eavesdropping?! 

''Hyle?!?! What are you doing here?!'' I shouted at him. 

''Eavesdropping. So you're actually a nice girl who loves life and you don't like me.'' he said to Tera.

''I never said I didn't like you. I just don't like you that much. You're just okay. Speaking of which, my band has three missing spots. A drummer, guitarist, and vocalist. Think you could fill in one of these? If you can't I understand, you know, being a celebritiy's maid and all.'' she gave a sideway glance at Hyle. 

''I'll think about it.'' 

''Well, see ya both. I got practice.'' and she ran and vanished. I turned to Hyle and he was staring at me. ''What?'' I asked him. 

''Oh nothing. It's just that...oh nothing.'' he said and walked away. I could swear that he was blushing before he turned away. I caught him by the arm and ran. ''Let's go find the others. I need to get back home and have a shower!''  and I heard him laugh.

Hyle's P.O.V.

Lyss was great just now. When we got back, Lyss kept talking about cheerleading. Guess she had fun. Kathe told me that she liked someone. I wonder who that guy is. 

If that guy broke her heart, I would kill him. But first things first. Who is that guy?