Chapter 18

"Polnareff"

"Yeah?"

"Want a cigarette?"

"Your place or mine?"

"Yours"

A knock came at Polnareffs door as he opened it up to see Jotaro. He had three packets of cigarettes. Polnareff was confused but invited him inside.

"It's been a while hasn't it?"

Jotaro spoke as they sat on Polnareffs balcony. The smoke drifting into the air. Polnareff liked the look of it. The smoke was beautiful in the cold gray late afternoon. Jotaro payed no attention to it. Jotaro spoke up.

"So what's new with you? I wanna get into your stuff before we get into mine"

"Oh! Uhhhhh I got a girlfriend for like a week but that didn't work out. Avdol found a new roommate. I mean nothing out of the ordinary. Not much happening in my life. You?"

Jotaro inhaled his cigarette and sighed heavily, before speaking.

"The opposite, my boyfriend moved in with me. Enough begging made him do it. It was kind of crappy of me to do it after a pretty big fight though"

"What happened?"

With a heavy sigh. Jotaro began to tell what Polnareff had missed.

"Well, Joseph had a son without anyone knowing so he came to live with him. Kakyoin met him and he got feelings for Kakyoin. I mean I don't blame him but, he didn't keep his hands off and kissed him in front of me. Kakyoin tried to hold me back but I basically beat him half to death."

"How old is that kid?"

"Sixteen"

Polnareff didn't expect to put out his cigarette this early. He was already mad at Jotaros actions.

"So let me get this straight. You beat up a sixteen year old kid, because he kissed your nineteen year old boyfriend?"

"Ok it wasn't like that. It was forced and Kakyoin looked scared when I held him."

"Did you ever stop to think he was scared of you?"

Jotaro looked back on the memory of holding Kakyoin in his arms. The biting of his lip and furrowed brows didn't seem like he was scared of Jotaro. Just nervous.

"Why would he be?"

"Well you beat a sixteen year old half to death. I mean I understand why but, maybe just talk things out? Kakyoin was the only victim in this. You're acting like it affected both of you."

"It did! Kakyoin lost it when the fight was over. I'm not saying what I did was right but he was way too chill about being forced upon by another man."

"It was a kiss! I'm not saying that it's ok, but you're acting like he raped him or something. Did you even give Kakyoin a chance to talk to the kid? You should've stayed out of it!"

A slam startled Polnareff as Jotaro slammed his hand down in the ashtray. He picked up another cigarette and started smoking it. Calming him down.

"The kid started the fight. He threatened to force himself onto Kakyoin again after he finished beating me."

"Did you provoke him?"

"Yeah, I called him a bastard. That's why he wanted to fight me. Not over Kakyoin. I did provoke him."

"You are such a moron. This could've been solved if Kakyoin and him just talked things over. He fought you because you insulted him, kid probably got a lot of shit for not having a dad and you call him a bastard?"