Chapter 29

"I'm sorry"

Kakyoin stared at the text from Josuke. The first one he sent in a while. Kakyoin didn't know what to do and went to Jotaro.

"What does he mean by I'm sorry?"

Asked Kakyoin, showing Jotaro his phone. Jotaro stared intensely at the message. After thinking about it, Jotaro answered.

"Probably for kissing you when you didn't want it. Weird to apologize four months later, but hey at least he apologized.... you sure it's not somebody else?"

"No......it's definitely him. What should I say? I feel like I should say it in person. I forgive him and I thought I made that clear...... Shit man I don't know what to do!"

"It's ok baby just calm down, deep breaths."

Jotaro gave Kakyoin a kiss on the forehead to calm him down. Kakyoin was stressed and didn't know what to do. He told Jotaro what he thought he could do.

"I..... Should probably go talk to him. Wanna come with?"

"That..... Probably wouldn't end well. I don't want to do something I'd regret...... Again... "

Kakyoin left to the Joestar mansion. Past the gates and at the front door. He knocked on the door and Joseph opened the door. Feeling uncomfortable and surprised, Kakyoin waved awkwardly and greeted.

"Hi.... Ummmm I need to talk to Josuke?"

Joseph looked incredibly worn out and hollow as he answered.

"Josuke went back to Morioh. The chances of you seeing him again are pretty slim."

"Oh!"

Kakyoin didn't know how to respond to the news. Josuke was his friend and knowing that he wouldn't see him again felt weird to him. There wasn't even a goodbye.

"Ummmm I guess I'll go back home then-"

"No wait!"

Freezing in place, Kakyoin looked at Joseph. Joseph lowered his voice and asked.

"Please stay?"

Feeling bad for him, Kakyoin agreed and went inside. He tried to sit as far away from Joseph as he possibly could. They sat down in the living room and Joseph was the first to say something.

"I'm sorry for taking advantage of you when you were a kid. I.... God damn it I don't even have an excuse. You must hate me."

Seeing Joseph so sad and regretful, Kakyoin felt angry. He couldn't believe the audacity this man had. Kakyoin didn't hold back his anger.

"I do hate you Mr. Joestar. I don't know why I'm still here. I felt bad for you and here I am. I'll leave soon."

"Yeah I deserve that..... I deserve everything that's happened. Caesers been gone for weeks and I've heard nothing from him. Everyone hates me after they found out about everything I did. I shouldn't feel as miserable as I do but.... Who am I kidding? I'm surprised it took Caeser this long to leave me...."

Kakyoin got up and walked past Joseph. Before going to leave He turned around to say. Looking down at Joseph, Kakyoin snarled.

"I'm not here for a pity party. I just came here for Josuke."

"Please! Stay I...... Can't stand being alone."

Something in Kakyoin made him stay. The way that Joseph's eyes were glossy and desperate made Kakyoin stay. He didn't know what to do as he sat beside Joseph again.

"Kakyoin........ You're a good kid."

Joseph started, Kakyoin could tell he was a little drunk. Kakyoin turned to look in his direction on the couch. Joseph continued.